Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PBF returned and beat Margo, would his greatness be accepted??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should beat p will and margo and cotto and he is done????

Comment

will there be no complaints if he beats those three???

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
        He would need tony and one more win, whoever else is still on top to seal his legacy, IMO
        So, basically, Mayweather would have to beat both Margarito and Williams.

Comment

If he beat Tony all his haters would have to STFU. No resaon left to diss him.

Comment

Originally posted by pinpointsman View Post
            Marg got out boxed by an "ok" boxer called Paul Williams why would PBF need to fight Margarito for legacy?.

Todays welters are being overrated.
            you forget the size of Williams when posting this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by bearman3000 View Post
              I was thinking if "money may" came back and stopped Margarito or UD, would he still be criticized for his lack of fighting the best names??? Me personally I would love to see him clear out the welterweight division but if he destroyed and dominated Margo and retired I would be content more then if he didn't fight Margo at all. You????
              What the **** does beating Margarito have to do with being a great fighter???

Tony has nothing to do with who's great or who's not.

Paul Williams and Daniel Santos beat him..

ARE THEY GREAT?..I guess I should look at Rodney Jones in a new light.

Blame Bob for Tony and Cotto not getting in with Floyd.Arun not once made Floyd a SOUND offer to fight either man.

He's the one that offered Mayweather a pitiful 3 fight 8 million deal at the time Floyd was buying out his contract with Top Rank..Why do that?

Why make a multi-fight deal with a fighter you no longer want to work with??

WHY NOT OFFER FLOYD A ONE FIGHT DEAL TO FIGHT MARGARITO..?

Bob should have presented Mayweather with something workable..He never once tried.

Comment

Mayweather could **** up Superman with two hands tied behind his back, fans would still hate on him...somebody would probably say well he cant **** LOBO up...point is alot of people dont like Floyd Mayweather personally. He'll never have the love Ricky Hatton has, he should be happy he has millions to compensate for it He should play the Bad Guy role to death because no matter what thos generation will no co sign him. He'll bve loved after prob like another 10- 20. Its will take another 10- 20 years without him for him to get some appreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post
                  What the **** does beating Margarito have to do with being a great fighter???

Tony has nothing to do with who's great or who's not.

Paul Williams and Daniel Santos beat him..

ARE THEY GREAT?..I guess I should look at Rodney Jones in a new light.

Blame Bob for Tony and Cotto not getting in with Floyd.Arun not once made Floyd a SOUND offer to fight either man.

He's the one that offered Mayweather a pitiful 3 fight 8 million deal at the time Floyd was buying out his contract with Top Rank..Why do that?

Why make a multi-fight deal with a fighter you no longer want to work with??

WHY NOT OFFER FLOYD A ONE FIGHT DEAL TO FIGHT MARGARITO..?

Bob should have presented Mayweather with something workable..He never once tried.
                  Arum knows what woulda happened if he put Marg in the ring with Floyd.

Floyd crushed Baldomir. Why would Baldomir Jr. give Floyd any more trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
                    So, basically, Mayweather would have to beat both Margarito and Williams.
                    nah, I think Tony will beat Paul in early 09, and that would leave floyd with the option of fighting whoever the other top dog is and erasing all doubt of his greatness.

To me he doesn't even have to fight Margarito necessarily, if he came back this year and fought Williams in december or something I would give him mad props, but I think since the welterweight picture doesn't have an established king he would have to beat a couple of guys. If Margarito beats Clottey in November and then Williams in 09 and then Floyd beats him, then in that ciscumstance he could claim to beat the top welter and beat the toughest guy. Same if Williams beats Tony.

I don't want to downplay what Floyd did do in his career, but I just think that him beating the top welter/s at this point is something doeable, that he should have tried, that would have put him on a whole other level, but it was very risky and he didn't even try.

Comment

Originally posted by sin City View Post
                      pbf Will Never Return And Is Terrified Of Margarito.

┗┫━━ ┃ ━━┣┛  ┣┫ 
                       ┃ ━━━━━ ┃ ┏┳┫┣┳┓
                       ┗━━┳━┳━━┛ ┃    ┃
                      Last edited by El Dominicano; 08-30-2008, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X