No announcement yet.

Kessler vs. Pascal @ 175.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler vs. Pascal @ 175.

Who do you favor? Kessler's straighter shots? Or Pascal's looping hooks?

Pascal has better wheels, Kessler has better punches. Defense is about the same for both - Kessler has a better guard but Pascal can skeet out of the way with his feet. . . . Both have about the same power. . . Although Im kind of assuming Kessler's punch stays with him at 175, which I think it does.

I think I favor Pascal in a close decision. . .

very evenly matched fight, much more so that the other froch/dawson thread.

it would be interesting to see how mikkel deals with fighting a bigger man. pascal is also very quick himself and mikkel has been in alot of tough fights. out of the two i would say pascal is the fresher fighter and i think mikkels footwork is quick but he tends to come forward in straight lines.

imo mikkel would take this win, simply because if pascal finds it hard to evade froch's job then he is going to have a nightmare against mikkel. also pascal is not a counter puncher, he tends to just cover up when the ther guy is throwing. a fighter with the output and accuracy of mikkel should be able to take the decision.

Comment

IS froch willing to "take de test"

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
        very evenly matched fight, much more so that the other froch/dawson thread.

it would be interesting to see how mikkel deals with fighting a bigger man. pascal is also very quick himself and mikkel has been in alot of tough fights. out of the two i would say pascal is the fresher fighter and i think mikkels footwork is quick but he tends to come forward in straight lines.

imo mikkel would take this win, simply because if pascal finds it hard to evade froch's job then he is going to have a nightmare against mikkel. also pascal is not a counter puncher, he tends to just cover up when the ther guy is throwing. a fighter with the output and accuracy of mikkel should be able to take the decision.
        LOL how is dawson/froch not evenly matched? JUST WHAT exactly has dawson done that generates so much hype?! LOL I just don't get it?

Comment

but back to this thread. . . I just think Pascal is a bit too tricky for Kessler, who seems to only be able to fight guys on rails, MUCH LIKE DAWSON. . . The fight would look similar to the Dawson/Pascal fight - Kessler might even be stopped on cuts since he is so prone to them.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            LOL how is dawson/froch not evenly matched? JUST WHAT exactly has dawson done that generates so much hype?! LOL I just don't get it?
            its not necessarily dawson im over rating

i just don't think froch is all that. i think kessler, ward and dawson would all beat him. i think dirrell would beat him in a rematch and bute could box him for 12 rounds as well.

i think froch gets alot of credit on this site, people are saying hes well co-ordinated and quite athletic whereas i would disagree.

i think hes a good fighter don't get me wrong he would probably paste pavlik, AA, andrade. imo his strengths are that he has a good chin, hes a very strong SMW and he can fight for 12 hard rounds.

he can box a bit as well; his long jab and reach catches some of his opponents by surprise. he has good timing and an unconventional style which makes him hard to time. he brings his jab up from the hip and his long reach means that he is out of range for counters.

however against dawson his reach advantage would be negated. i also don't think froch's footwork is that good, fighters like JT and dirrell made froch look ordinary. not only that he has been hurt by kessl,er wobbled by dirrell and dropped by JT, his chin is good but not half as good as he bangs on about.

Comment

I'd take Jean Pascal on points.

Comment

I think it would be a great fight, but I favor Kessler due to the fact that Pascal takes a lot rounds off and usually fades towards the end, whereas Kessler always saves up reserves for the championship rounds. Further than that I see Pascal launching out with his bombardement attacks that will be blocked by Kesslers defence, ofcourse some will come through but I don't think he can KO Kessler or the other way around. I'd be looking for Kesslers uppercut to counter the attacks like we saw against Calzaghe when he landed those beautiful uppercuts in round 4.

Great fight though, I'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  I think it would be a great fight, but I favor Kessler due to the fact that Pascal takes a lot rounds off and usually fades towards the end, whereas Kessler always saves up reserves for the championship rounds. Further than that I see Pascal launching out with his bombardement attacks that will be blocked by Kesslers defence, ofcourse some will come through but I don't think he can KO Kessler or the other way around. I'd be looking for Kesslers uppercut to counter the attacks like we saw against Calzaghe when he landed those beautiful uppercuts in round 4.

Great fight though, I'd love to see it.

I agree with this though Kessler has been very fragile lately.

He's not the killer European robot he used to be.

Comment

Mikkel Kessler has got a very strong chin, and we know after 4 rounds, that Pascal will be out of gas. Mikkel will K.O him inside 8 rounds.

Really - I'm usually scared for Kessler losing, but I don't see him losing this fight. Dawson - that's a whole other fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X