Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next Roy Jones is fighting tonight in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proksa is either the real deal or Sylvester is not only a protected club fighter but a finished club fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
      Please don't let me see/hear you mention this guy in the same sentence as the great Roy Jones again.

He looked good against an average European that came in with a huge blackeye.
      Good performance from a young Sergio Martinez wannabe, he's still young but he isn't that special IMO
      Would you like a tissue to whipe off the steam off your pink shades?

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        Macklin, Chaver jr(though my golden dream if they left him off against Pirog) are they guys that would make for great tests for this little guy.
        I think Macklin vs Proksa would be a good fight ... I still need to see more of Proksa, but right now I think he could actually beat Chavez Jr by moving around all the time, especially since Chavez Jr is slow, but IDK if Proksa can do it, as I've said I need to see more of him. Tonight, it was just a one sided fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post

6/1 for a TKO/KO win for Proksa tonight as well. Says it all, he surprised a few tonight I'm sure.
          well, will take some time before you get that odds for him, damn if I knew how good he is..woulda thrown in some money

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
            Proksa is either the real deal or Sylvester is not only a protected club fighter but a finished club fighter.
            Well Sylvester is not great but I would say he is on a sub world class level, but you have to consider that Proksa fought mostly bums before this and this was to be a massive step up in class.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              I think Macklin vs Proksa would be a good fight ... I still need to see more of Proksa, but right now I think he could actually beat Chavez Jr by moving around all the time, especially since Chavez Jr is slow, but IDK if Proksa can do it, as I've said I need to see more of him. Tonight, it was just a one sided fight.
              well he's Chavez Jr's worst nightmare with all those side movements and switching between orthodox and southpaw every freaggin minute..how can you prepare your fighter for this guy ?

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                well he's Chavez Jr's worst nightmare with all those side movements and switching between orthodox and southpaw every freaggin minute..how can you prepare your fighter for this guy ?
                Especially a fighter such as Chavez Jr, who had a lot of problems with Zbik (actually good skills, but no punching power at all) ... Proksa is even more skilled and from what we've seen today he also has a lot more punching power than Zbik.

Comment

Sylvester has always been very limited but he is well-conditioned and can usually fight through the cuts which he is suspectible to. This time he was simply outclassed in a way he never has been before. Proksa is definitely someone to look forward to in a wide open middleweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Marinez/Pirog hybrid imo. He's a little undersized for a MW at 5'8 and a little slight of build but his power at MW seems legit.
                    Good comparison...

His physical looks and movements reminded me of Pirog, but the hands down and southpaw stance looked similar to Martinez.

His counter straight left off of Sylvester's jab looked excellent (timing, speed, and accuracy); Pacquiao tries it sometimes, but doesn't land it as much (intimidates opponents from jabbing though). And I liked his attempts at the right uppercuts even though they didn't land.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                      Sylvester went 12 rounds with Sturm, Geale. Proska brutalized him within 3 rounds like it was a sparring session.

This is kid has the tools to get to the top.

Comment

Working...
                      X