No announcement yet.

So who punches harder? Pac or Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    Really? Who has Pacquiao actually KO'd at WW?
    Dont be hurt by my opinion, I know you are one of Manny's detractors on here, but for the record I couldnt give a fuk about all that ****e. He stopped Cotto and dropped him a few times and pureed his face, thats one better than Shane managed against Miguel, but I really dont wanna play this game. Trying to compare who did better against a common opponent is like comparing apples to oranges. Its just silly.

I just think Manny hits a little harder. dont be offended!

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
      Shane WAS a much (and i mean much) harder puncher than Manny at 147. The reason he isn't anymore is simple.....he can no longer pull the trigger. When you can't do that you have no power unless you're hitting a heavy bag, and even then watching him work it in the lead up to this fight and the fight with Floyd also there was no snap in his punches (even though they may have been heavy, there was zero snap and crispness)

ODLH at WW was aslo a much harder puncher than Manny. It's all relative....when you're close to 40 and almost shot punches you CAN NO LONGER SEE are going to hurt.

If i recall Shane gave a sparring partner (Zac Padilla) brain damage from a blow with 18oz gloves on.......
      Its always hard to compare unless we can get all of the fighters at the weight down to the fairground and have them hit the punch power machine. I wouldnt read too much into the brain injury thing either. things like that just happen.

Comment

Mosley
        Pac isn't a power puncher anymore
        he just hits fast

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Its always hard to compare unless we can get all of the fighters at the weight down to the fairground and have them hit the punch power machine. I wouldnt read too much into the brain injury thing either. things like that just happen.

He hit alot harder.....anyone who has seen the entirety of his career and the entirety of Manny's would never argue this point. He HAD true one punch KO power which he demonstrated quite often. You should rewatch SSM vs ODLH 1 and 2 when SSM was on the PED's and arguable ODLH was too, they land and take bomb after bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            He hit alot harder.....anyone who has seen the entirety of his career and the entirety of Manny's would never argue this point. He HAD true one punch KO power which he demonstrated quite often. You should rewatch SSM vs ODLH 1 and 2 when SSM was on the PED's and arguable ODLH was too, they land and take bomb after bomb.
            I have seen nearly every one of Mosley's fights. He was a beast at LW, I will give you that, but the DLH fights were both distance fights and PED's wont help you punch harder or take a punch better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Grimes View Post
              Mosley cracked Margarito's chin, Pac hit him with over twice the amount of punches and couldn't do the job.

Mosley fought a mentally broken Margarito...

Comment

Shane hits much harder but he cant pull the trigger anymore, therefore Pacquiao is the harder puncher since he has no problem getting off his offense.

Comment

Mosley has pure power, Mannys power comes from his speed and angles, and its surprising cause you don't expect that power. with saying that def Mosley, Ko'd Marg at Welter plus I think 5 other solid ko's and Mayorga and Vargas(2) at light middle
                  Last edited by J Dubb II 330; 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

mosley............

Comment

Manny hits harder than Shane.

People say Shane but that's because Shane sits on his punches more. Manny is more about putting punches together vs taking his opponents out with one shot.

Martinez is similar. When he was at 154 he was the same. He would never sit on punches, just fired off combinations, and took opponents out that way. When he finally started to sit on punches, we saw what happened (KOing Williams).

Comment

Working...
                      X