Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would have happened to a rebuilding Wladimir in the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would have happened to a rebuilding Wladimir in the 90's?

I often thought about how lucky Wlad was in getting knocked out and having to rebuild during the weaker 2000's era.

This current version of Wladimir will beat most ATG'S outside of Lennox,Ali,Tyson,Foreman,Holmes and a few others. But the version that had horrible stamina, bad balance, bad defense, and who left himself open to every counter punch would have been in serious trouble if he had to rebuild during the 90's.

Instead of beating guys like Fabio and getting a shot at Samuel Peter despite losing 2 of his previous 5 fights by knockout, he would have been thrown into the gauntlet against a bunch of good punching HW'S like Bruno,Ruddock,Morrison etc, to even get a shot at Bowe or Lewis.

Could a 2003-2004 version of Wladimir beat Bruno? Could that version beat Ruddock? Or would his career have ended via a fourth knock out?

God Lord doesn't everyone get tired of the Brown Nosing that goes with the Klitz Bros??? Their average talents at best, they became champions leave it at that. Joe Louis would put them in a box!!! Find the video of Louis avenging Max, listen to Max screaming from ribs and kidney shots that were paralizing him!! Hell Schmeling would give them a go easily. There NOT talented watch them step over their own feet when they punch, are you kidding me!
    same old conversation, just go blow em and get it over with........ Ray

...sorry Skittlez but this crap gets old.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      God Lord doesn't everyone get tired of the Brown Nosing that goes with the Klitz Bros??? Their average talents at best, they became champions leave it at that. Joe Louis would put them in a box!!! Find the video of Louis avenging Max, listen to Max screaming from ribs and kidney shots that were paralizing him!! Hell Schmeling would give them a go easily. There NOT talented watch them step over their own feet when they punch, are you kidding me!
      same old conversation, just go blow em and get it over with........ Ray

...sorry Skittlez but this crap gets old.......................
      Everyone knows I don't suck up to the Klits, but I'm a firm believer both would be top contenders if not champions in any era. That said, I to don't get how people can say either has really good footwork.

Comment

if wladimir was rebuilding in the 90's he would have gotten slaughtered,his chin wouldnt hold up,he would be fighting guys the same size as him and the same strenght and if wladimir just tried to jab,jab,grab he would get pushed of easy,lewis,bowe,holyfield and tyson would have all slaughtered wladimir and his brother

Comment

He wouldn't have survived in the 90s

That's a fact and it has to be taken into consideration when judging him historically

Comment

Would Wlad be as good if he didn't get away with holding as a defence? I doubt he'd be the undisputed champ if the rules were enforced.

Comment

this thread tells me that PacMan needs to change trainer.....Khan did the right thing after suffering a devastating KO loss...bye bye Freddie...soon you only got Beltran left..

Comment

Working...
              X