Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hector Camacho had the best footwork of all time???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Hector Camacho had the best footwork of all time???

My boxing coach(tony pep) is always praising him and saying he had the perfect blend of balance,solid stance as well as being mobile and economical with his footwork!

I never thought about it, until I was reading some hajime no ippo wikipidea and the character known as saeki "Speed Star" Takmua was said to be based on him and his somewhat of a minor character with like the BEST footwork!

Orlando Canizales, Jose Napoles and Willie Pep >>> Macho
    Did have very good footwork though pre Rosario / putting on his running boots.

Comment

Guillermo rigondeaux has the best footwork (when he decides to open up with angles from either outside or on the inside ive seen in a while. Him and anselmo moreno is all around great with his footwork.

Comment

No, and I'm noticing he's been getting overrated a lot these last few weeks. I actually loved watching his earlier fights, especially at 130. Just that he became too tentative and boring in the 2nd half of his career. Losing to/ having competitive fights with fighters he should have easily been able to deal with. As for the question your asking, he most certainty did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
          My boxing coach(tony pep) is always praising him and saying he had the perfect blend of balance,solid stance as well as being mobile and economical with his footwork!

I never thought about it, until I was reading some hajime no ippo wikipidea and the character known as saeki "Speed Star" Takmua was said to be based on him and his somewhat of a minor character with like the BEST footwork!

thats cuz your coach knows what hes talking about.from when he turn pro up untill 1987 camacho had some of the best footwork you will ever see. and was the fastest handed fighter post leonard's retirement in 1982.some say it was rosario after that he became a potshot and grab fighter. to me it was way more than edwin rosario

watch the howard davis, vinny paz, greg haugan I and II. those were some really good fights those are after rosario. i believe it was the sex drugs and rocknroll type lifestyle by 88,89 it finally caught up to his legs and his lack of not making weight so earlier in his career was his ultimate downfall and its unfounate cuz at 130-135 was one of the best ive seen at that weight.

Comment

Working...
          X