Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir "Glass Chin" Klitschko: Longest reign in HW history without being floored.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir once again showed his greatness tonight.

Comment

His chin is not that good but it's not that bad either. He can be hurt but he recovers well. He is well aware that his chin is not iron so he fights carefully and he has a great defense. For someone to KO him they will have to hurt him and keep on hurting him. He has learned from his mistakes and KO defeats and knows how to survive if he does get hurt. Peter had him down four times and still lost. Every challenger says they are going to take advantage of his weak chin and KO him but they never even come close. He seems to be better now than he was 6 years ago. Steward helped him perfect his style so he can be the attacker but avoid punishment at the same time. It may be boring but it works.

Comment

Actually Wlad was never KOed but TKOed. Surely he doesn't have Vitali's chin but it's not like his chin is all glass. He can recover very quickly.

He learned to defend so well so even if some one manage to land big it will be very difficult to put him down. It would take someone with a massive power + powerful enough to come in and finish him - someone like Foreman or Lennox but I really doubt they will be able to land clean on Wlad because when Wlad is in the defence mode it is almost impossible to land clear on him...

Comment

Wlad is an all time great.

Comment

Thought I'd have a look for title reigns and stopping the number of fights if they've been floored (though boxrec doesn't always mention KD's so forgive me/correct me if im wrong)
            Louis went 16 fights without being floored
            Wlad has gone 14 fights without being floored
            Ali went 10 fights before being stripped of his title for his stance against the war.
            Lewis - 10 fights
            Tyson - 10 fights
            Holmes - 9 fights
            Dempsey - 7 fights
            Marciano - 6 fights
            Holyfield - 5 fights
            Tunney - 3 fights
            Liston - 2 fights
            Patterson - 2 fights

Comment

not really that great of an achievement when you consider the fact that the only person he has fought in recent years that had a pulse was david haye! iv got one for you tho, he hasnt fought the best fighter in his division, his brother!

Comment

Lennox Lewis: "The Klitschko brothers have devalued the Heavyweight title"

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                  Wlad is so above the competition in regards to every aspect other than chin that it assures his dominance.

He obviously does have a glass chin though as the punch in round 5 demonstrated. I wouldn't favour him against any of the other dominate champions of the previous eras.

That being said, this last fight of his was a fun watch. He put on a great athletic display and I can't see any other fighter currently in the division being favoured against him.

... he's lucky Vitali shares his last name.
                  This is all hogwash. Wlad wasn't hurt in the 5th round and evaded every punch Wach threw afterwards. It's just silly sensationalism.

I would favor him against any of the "dominant champions" because they're all physically inferior to him in weight and height. Those guys were Cruiserweights compared to him. But that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    How would Riddick Bowe do against Wlad?
                    He would be knocked out by Wlad and deemed another bum like, out of shape, McDonalds eating American that Wlad feasted on.

And I'm not trolling either. Check documentaries on Bowe's eating habits.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                      not really that great of an achievement when you consider the fact that the only person he has fought in recent years that had a pulse was david haye! iv got one for you tho, he hasnt fought the best fighter in his division, his brother!
                      Well, this is an impossible standard. Get over it, he will not fight his brother.

This revisionist history of guys who have accepted the fact that Wlad will never, ever lose again is starting to bore me. Find a new shtick.

I suppose he could "duck" a fighter for a few years, in order for that fighter to get plenty of W's under his belt. And make that fighter credible enough in your eyes, and then proceed to knock him out.

But Wlad just takes them out early, when they get to Mandatory status. So it's a moot point.
                      Last edited by cupocity303; 11-10-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X