No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell: From Independence Shall Come Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell: From Independence Shall Come Greatness

By Jake Donovan - Andre Dirrell’s Friday morning began just like everyone else – unsure of the decision that would be made by unbeaten super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute for his next fight.

By the time Bute’s conference call was over, the news was everywhere – Bute wants Froch, with or without Showtime’s involvement. Showtime – according to Interbox president Jean Bedard (Bute’s promoter) – was more interested in matching Bute with Dirrell in what would serve as the last fight of a three-bout contract between the American network and Romanian fighter.

“I got a call from my uncle that my name was all over the internet,” Dirrell revealed in how day began to shape up shortly after being mentioned on every major boxing website.

As Friday transitioned from afternoon to evening, the once-beaten super middleweight contender kept his name in headlines, but for entirely different reasons. [Click Here To Read More]

From Independence comes bankruptcy.
    Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 01-28-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Doesn't that seem a bit overly grandiose? Andre Dirrell is a talented fighter but that headline sounds like something out of Spartacus or something. I mean...what happened there?

Comment

Will be interesting to see how it works out, not many fighters go that route especially early on.

I can feel him doing the promoting thing because he can draw in Michigan, but leaving Haymon is odd but I guess he is way down the pecking order so maybe he feels he can represent himself better since he would be more focused on his needs.

Dirrell better go to work though because he will be working without a safety net~

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Jake Donovan - Andre Dirrell’s Friday morning began just like everyone else – unsure of the decision that would be made by unbeaten super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute for his next fight.

By the time Bute’s conference call was over, the news was everywhere – Bute wants Froch, with or without Showtime’s involvement. Showtime – according to Interbox president Jean Bedard (Bute’s promoter) – was more interested in matching Bute with Dirrell in what would serve as the last fight of a three-bout contract between the American network and Romanian fighter.

“I got a call from my uncle that my name was all over the internet,” Dirrell revealed in how day began to shape up shortly after being mentioned on every major boxing website.

As Friday transitioned from afternoon to evening, the once-beaten super middleweight contender kept his name in headlines, but for entirely different reasons. [Click Here To Read More]
          I really like Dirrell and his style.This guy's reflexes are second to non,watching him is like watching a fiction action movie.I do think he was robbed against Froch and would like to watch the rematch in neutral ground.I have nothing but respect for this young man and I genuinely hope he will do well and surround himself with people who know what they are doing.

Keep it up brother,may the good Lord direct your path

Comment

independence aka let the cherry pick parade commence!

Comment

dirrell was probably excited to see his name active in media reports and got cocky thinking he could manage things on his own

had he gone this route by actually performing rather than running his mouth this would still be a brave but bold step to take, but right now he has no negotiating power with any of the major promoters and will probably end up giving up options for lesser paydays

if he opts to fight fringe contenders instead of stepping up he will become irrelevant...the way he's conducted himself after he beat abraham has left a bad taste in a lot of boxing fans' mouths

not everyone can do what lamont peterson did, it takes patience and experience and dirrell doesnt have any

Comment

Dirrell, go beat someone in the top 10 and let Bute destroy Froch. Then, you will have a case for a Bute fight if you still want it LMAO

Comment

Just fight someone with a name (now that you are back). Good for you though!
                  Last edited by EdMon917; 01-28-2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    dirrell was probably excited to see his name active in media reports and got cocky thinking he could manage things on his own

had he gone this route by actually performing rather than running his mouth this would still be a brave but bold step to take, but right now he has no negotiating power with any of the major promoters and will probably end up giving up options for lesser paydays

if he opts to fight fringe contenders instead of stepping up he will become irrelevant...t
                    he way he's conducted himself after he beat abraham has left a bad taste in a lot of boxing fans' mouths

not everyone can do what lamont peterson did, it takes patience and experience and dirrell doesnt have any
                    he thinks hes on floyd mayweathers level. guys like ward and bute are too dangerous so he's gonna wait around for an easy mark to present himself then pounce on it. a baldomir upsetting judah or an ortiz upsetting berto type of thing then waaaa laaaa! dirrell is back on the scene! if bute loses to some crappy challenger waaaa laaaa dirrell fights him and hes suddenly on top!

in the meantime he's gonna take easy fights against guys like the winner of don george-edwin rodriguez. 2 guys who aren't very good but are getting coverage on hbo for some reason(promoter bribe most likely) people will get amped up because of the ease of his victory just like broner but will the good fights ever happen.....nope not unless its through triangle warfare. dirrell beat opponent who beat elite fighter which makes dirrell elite. sad boxing world. we've seen it time and time again.
                    Last edited by daggum; 01-28-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X