No announcement yet.

botha vs grant is the best heavyweight fight of 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• botha vs grant is the best heavyweight fight of 2011

good fight & great drama. botha looked pretty good but grant pulled a rabbit out of the hat. the best refereeing job ive seen in years. he let them fight out of clinches & didnt get in the way at all. he gave both fighters the benefit of the doubt when hurt. i want to see it again. botha is an old warhorse...

It was a really good fight. Tua-Barrett II was another fight that was completely slept on due to both guys being past it, but turned out to be a really interesting, dramatic fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      good fight & great drama. botha looked pretty good but grant pulled a rabbit out of the hat. the best refereeing job ive seen in years. he let them fight out of clinches & didnt get in the way at all. he gave both fighters the benefit of the doubt when hurt. i want to see it again. botha is an old warhorse...
      i like your take on fights at HW brother

keep up the good work

Comment

The old heavyweights can still put up decent fights against each other, as long as they're kept away from today's top fighters.

I'm not in favour of seeing out of shape 40+ year olds such as Botha get heavily knocked out, but against a similarly aged fighter like Grant he atleast had a fighting chance if not for the last round comeback.

Comment

Botha is the man. Remember the Botha/Briggs fight a decade ago? What a war. Thought Briggs ear was gonna fall right off!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            It was a really good fight. Tua-Barrett II was another fight that was completely slept on due to both guys being past it, but turned out to be a really interesting, dramatic fight.
            Tua-Barrett II was my fave HW fight of 2011. Great drama. The best fights are not always the most hyped fights (ie. Haye vs Wlad). Tua vs Barrett is just a matchup that produces entertaining fights.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Botha is the man. Remember the Botha/Briggs fight a decade ago? What a war. Thought Briggs ear was gonna fall right off!
              that was a great fight too. he also had a good fight with clifford entienne.botha is one of the most underappreciated fighters of recent era.he fought anyone & anywhere. he never ducked anyone & had no trouble going on the road. he is always going forward. he got more out of marginal skills then any other boxer. jab, overhand right or right to the body with an occasional left hook. i'm still dissappointed the BBofC wouldn't sanction the botha\fury fight. after watching him fight grant i wouldnt have been surprised if botha beat fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubermensch View Post
                Tua-Barrett II was my fave HW fight of 2011. Great drama. The best fights are not always the most hyped fights (ie. Haye vs Wlad). Tua vs Barrett is just a matchup that produces entertaining fights.
                i havent seen that fight yet. waitng to get a copy from my sources...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i like your take on fights at HW brother

keep up the good work
                  thanks....

Comment

if you havent seen this fight watch it! botha at 43 went a hard 12 rounds. he was the lightest he'd been in years. botha looked pretty good for a 43 year old.

Comment

Working...
                    X