Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best fight you ever attended?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best fight you ever attended?

I've unfortunately never been to a fight. I wanted to go to Marquez-Katsidis last year, but couldn't find somebody to go with me. I do, however, have an older friend who was actually ringside at Pep-Saddler II. I just thought that was the coolest thing. And my dad went to Barrera-Morales III, the lucky son of a ***** hahaha. What's the best/most historically significant fight you ever attended?

I would have to say Glen Johnson vs Chad Dawson That was a good fight.. I went to the Jones vs Tarver 3. The fight wasn't great but the excitement bfore the fight and the buzz was just electric. The only exciting part of the fight was round 4 and 5 and the 11th round.

Comment

The best fights I've seen live were club fights from years ago. Few here would even recognize the names. If we're talking about major fights, the two best would probably be Mosley-DLH I and Lewis-Klitschko. The heavyweight fight was noteworthy because the arena was totally dead for the entire crappy undercard. As soon as the two big guys came into the ring, the atmosphere was unlike any I had ever seen. I guess there still really is something special about a heavyweight title fight.

Comment

Atmosphere wise Hands down - Ricky Hatton vs Kostya Tszyu! FEVER PITCH man, it was a Caulderon of excitement in there! Im telling u guys there cant have been more than a handfull of fights in history with a better atmosphere than Hatton vs Tszyu at the M.E.N in Manchester that night

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Atmosphere wise Hands down - Ricky Hatton vs Kostya Tszyu! FEVER PITCH man, it was a Caulderon of excitement in there! Im telling u guys there cant have been more than a handfull of fights in history with a better atmosphere than Hatton vs Tszyu at the M.E.N in Manchester that night
          Oh ****, I would have loved to have been at that one. Or any Hatton fight, really.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Oh ****, I would have loved to have been at that one. Or any Hatton fight, really.
            Ive been to a few Hatton fights but the sheer atmosphere in there THAT night made the hairs on the back of ur neck stand up! Great weekend on the whole, one of the best of my life

U should hit a fight soon BST, different class being there live man. U miss some stuff but its way better and u just catch the recording when u get home

A couple of guys at my gym were back in Ricky Burns dressing room holding his world title getting pics and *****, they were gonna be carrying it out to the ring but dont think they did in the end, im gonna try and tag along next time they seem quite chummy with Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              The best fights I've seen live were club fights from years ago. Few here would even recognize the names. If we're talking about major fights, the two best would probably be Mosley-DLH I and Lewis-Klitschko. The heavyweight fight was noteworthy because the arena was totally dead for the entire crappy undercard. As soon as the two big guys came into the ring, the atmosphere was unlike any I had ever seen. I guess there still really is something special about a heavyweight title fight.
              Cracking HW brawl too man, shame it ended the way it did but come'on Vitaliu ur eye lid was hanging off FFS!

Oscar vs Shane 1 is one of the best fights ive seen, seriously under rated classic

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                I was there for this one, too, & having only attended some twenty-odd fights live in my life (involving world-class fighters), this was a cracker, doubtless.

The best fight I saw live, though? I cannot go past Benn-McClellan.

Comment

Thomas Hearns vs Shannon Landberg in 2006.
                  It wasn't a very important or exciting but it was heart warming for me to watch Thomas Hearns go out on a high note.

One of my trainers was near ringside at Ali-Frazier I

Comment

Jirov-Toney
                    Paz-Dele
                    Hamed-Sanchez
                    Lewis-Briggs
                    Paz-Podwill - Vinny's farewell fight
                    Pemberton-Brewer

To many to name.

Comment

Working...
                    X