No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada's Manger Hopes Figueroa Odds Get Crumbled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada's Manger Hopes Figueroa Odds Get Crumbled

After breezing through all of the medical tests in California, number one WBC lightweight title contender, Daniel "Tremendo" Estrada, is artfully applying some light finishing touches to his carefully crafted preparations, meticulously supervised by his manager Carlos Rosales.

The evolution of a lean, mean fighting machine, is ready and waiting to take part in the fight of his life on Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Southpaw Texan Omar Figueroa, who's the WBC's lightweight champion, is making the second defense of his title in what's eagerly expected to be a great fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The odds will crumble just like Omar's hands.

Comment

This guy gots a good shot ,but omar has the experiance when it comes to fighting under the spotlight..and i can see estrada crumbling to the ground from a big shot from omar. I dont think estrada recent competition is enough to get him ready for omar.

Comment

And omar acknowledges the fact that his hands might be a problem which may lead to omar trying to pick his shots and fight smart, but if estrada pushes the action i know figueroa will oblige cuz he has alot of heart and is a warrior inside that ring.

So it as to benefit estrada in a way to make it a fight therfore making a possibility where omar could injure his hands and possibly take over from that point, but i think thats a slim chance...
        Omars team just needs to make sure omar has a great wrap to minimize any possible chance of a injury to the hand or hands. WARRR FIGUEROA

Comment

Omar seems like a nice kid outside the ring, but taking my emotions out of it, he may be one of the weakest champions in boxing (though he is young and could improve).

Jerry Belmontes (who just lost to Abner Cotto this week), put the blueprint out on how to beat Figueroa even if he got the bad end of a split decision: move laterally and throw.

The reason Belmontes lost to Figueroa is that while he kept up the move part, he forgot about the throwing punches part in critical late rounds of the fight.

But Figueroa was absolutely bedeviled by Belmontes movement and could not cut off the ring to save his life. Figueroa looked badly frustrated. They'll be giving Omar "stand and trade" types for awhile -- ideally ones who don't pack too big of a punch (that's why Arakawa allowed him look so good).

Remember when they used to be talking about making that Linares fight vs. Figueroa back when Linares first bounced back from another loss? Well how come they're not talking about it anymore, LOL?

Comment

Estrasa will come out & force the fight. He's a big LW & I feel his power , which I've seen live, is unrecognize & not repected by Figueroa. He'll c...Estrada by late round tko...This could b the fight of the night...

Comment

I expect this to be a great fight and even though I think Estrada will win I wish both fighters the best and hope that Figueroa's hands are 100% and that neither fighter has any physical issues so that who ever wins does so knowing that he beat the other guy at his best.

Comment

Working...
              X