No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Soliman Hits Back at Report of Failed Drug Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Soliman Hits Back at Report of Failed Drug Test

Australian boxer Sam Soliman is "absolutely gobsmacked" by a report that he failed a drug test taken before his win over former WBA champion Felix Sturm in their IBF middleweight title eliminator in Germany last month.

Federation of German Professional Boxers president Thomas Puetz has told German daily Bild that Soliman's urine sample tested positive for an undisclosed banned substance.

Putz said a "difficult to detect designer drug with stimulating effects was found" following 39-year-old Soliman's unanimous decision win over Sturm in Dusseldorf on February 1.

No.1 IBF contender Soliman was informed of the Bild report by his manager David Stanley on Sunday morning.
    Advertisement

"He's absolutely gobsmacked because this (anti-doping) is a very important principle that he lives by," Stanley told AAP.

[Click Here To Read More]

It wouldnt surprise me if its the German authorities making it up just because Sturm is now finished.
    Lets see his last few fights. These are the results which should have happened but because the fights in Germany he got a few decisions his way.
    Macklin Lost,Murray Lost,Geale Lost Soliman Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
      It wouldnt surprise me if its the German authorities making it up just because Sturm is now finished.
      Lets see his last few fights. These are the results which should have happened but because the fights in Germany he got a few decisions his way.
      Macklin Lost,Murray Lost,Geale Lost Soliman Lost.
      That's a ******ed view. Why wouldn't "The German Authorities" just give him the decision in the first place instead of robbing him blind?

As for the topic, I await the result of the B-sample. So far Soliman hasn't said anything unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        That's a ******ed view. Why wouldn't "The German Authorities" just give him the decision in the first place instead of robbing him blind?

As for the topic, I await the result of the B-sample. So far Soliman hasn't said anything unexpected.
        I'll be honest Bat, it wouldn't surprise me if some shenanigans were involved from the German end.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          I'll be honest Bat, it wouldn't surprise me if some shenanigans were involved from the German end.
          Are you implying that the lab doing the testing is not approved by the anti doping authorities?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Are you implying that the lab doing the testing is not approved by the anti doping authorities?
            I am implying that boxing is a dirty sport & nothing surprises me about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              I am implying that boxing is a dirty sport & nothing surprises me about it anymore.
              I'd be surprised if the lab that did the testing is not independent and approved by authorities.

I am not surprised that cheaters are getting caught when the amount of testing goes up. Nor am I surprised that cheaters is putting forth lame excuses. I've heard that from cyclists and track & field stars for well over 2 deacades.

Comment

Australia just had a massive P.E.D scandal

Next Sonny Bill Williams vs Botha Scandal

Then Australian swim team admits to ****ing each other with tranquilizers "for a laugh"

Now Soliman fails a drugs test

Australian sport is getting the **** kicked out of it lately, it's rotten to the core.

Comment

Test result:

So Soliman was positive for Methylsynephrine.The lab that did the test was Institut für Bio-Chemie in Cologne.

Comment

Working...
                  X