Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
    I would appreciate it if before you commented on my posts you read all of them instead of jumping in a conversation you dont know whats going on. I admit Roy is done and have no problem doing so, but at 44 Hopkins is close and people need to realize beating a 170lb Pavlik did not resurrect his career
    His career was never in shambells to begin with. taylor got a gift no doubt about it. You have to beat the champion to become it, and Taylor did not beat anyone. You do not resurrect your career unless it gets buried.

Comment

Pavlik would have koed Roy fairly easily, but I disagree about Wright. Roy would win rounds bouncing fast shots off of Wrights guard and it would have won him rounds. I dont think Roys a world beater but he gives some fighters problems especially ones who have problems with fighters with quick hands.
      There are two ways to beat Winky Wright. You either simple try to outwork him and win on activity, or you stay in his chest and throw shot 6 inch punches around his guard while smothering his right jab a la Bernard Hopkins. Winky also fights really well when he has you on the ropes, and he does not get outboxed when he has room. You either give him no room, or you outwork him.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
        His career was never in shambells to begin with. taylor got a gift no doubt about it. You have to beat the champion to become it, and Taylor did not beat anyone. You do not resurrect your career unless it gets buried.
        When a future ATG and arguably the best MW champ ever is an underdog to Kelly Pavlik in his first fight at that weight are you telling me career wasnt on a downslide? The way Wright beats anybody is to walk them down which I find would be hard against a naturally bigger man who is potshotting you all night.

Comment

When a future ATG and arguably the best MW champ ever is an underdog to Kelly Pavlik in his first fight at that weight are you telling me career wasnt on a downslide? The way Wright beats anybody is to walk them down which I find would be hard against a naturally bigger man who is potshotting you all night.
          Wright doesn't walk anybody down. He stands infront of you and works behind his jab just like he did to trinidad and Mosley. The only time I saw Wright try to walk somebody down was Jermaine Taylor, and that was because Taylor still had legs at that point and was easier to fight him while backing him up.

Comment

Come on. The Pavlik hype was at its peak then. People were talking about kelly probably KOing people with his jab in the future, and were making thread about him vs Hagler prime for prime, with a good percentage saying Pavlik would win. Pavlik was turning fihgter sinto rubble, and only lost to Hopkins because he could not deal with angles and a slick fighter who was better than him. Pavlik still beats all the SMW's IMO.

Comment

• Where does Lacy go from here?

Gotta be the retirement home....

And the Jones Jnr bandwagon rolls on...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                Where does Lacy go from here?

Gotta be the retirement home....

And the Jones Jnr bandwagon rolls on...
                Lacy is a gatekeeper. If you can beat him you go and fight B level or A level fighters for a title. Lacy still has a name and can make some money in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Lacy is a gatekeeper. If you can beat him you go and fight B level or A level fighters for a title. Lacy still has a name and can make some money in the game.
                  I guess so...

Will he be happy on just being that though?

Comment

• i didn't see the fight was it good?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                      I guess so...

Will he be happy on just being that though?
                      Why not? Lacy will never win another title. I think Bute might use him as a tune up next for some good money.

Comment

Working...
                      X