No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Aydin Rips Andre Berto, Targets Guerrero Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Aydin Rips Andre Berto, Targets Guerrero Rematch

BoxingScene.com caught up with welterweight contender Selcuk Aydin (23-1, 17KOs) who faces Jesus Soto Karass on Saturday in a Showtime televised bout. Aydin was last seen when he lost a spirited contest to Robert Guerrero last summer. He said that after the Soto Karass bout, he would definitely be interested in a rematch. Aydin has changed trainers and feels a rematch would have a much different ending.

"Guerrero must fight with me again. I went to his home and fought him. It was a close fight. He talked a lot (leading up to the fight). If he is a strong fighter then he must fight me again. I have changed my life. I now have experience fighting here (in the U.S.) and I changed trainers. I now have David Haye's trainer Adam Booth. The rematch would be different," Aydin stated. [Click Here To Read More]

Fight Berto, Aydin! If you win, you're guaranteed the Mayweather sweepstakes!

Comment

Aydin talking smack and making excuses. He must not hit very hard either if his punches werent affecting Guerrero in his first fight at 147 after a 15 month layoff.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'd like to see more Ayudin. I think he fought well against Ghost. Can't wait for saturday tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Aydin talking smack and making excuses. He must not hit very hard either if his punches werent affecting Guerrero in his first fight at 147 after a 15 month layoff.

Aydin had a big layoff aswell and his punches were getting to guerrero but Roberts a sold fighter. Berto doesn't have any defense and he doesn't have and foot movement. Aydin would steam roll Berto that's why Haymon was keeping that fight from happening for over 2 years!! Aydin punches like Maidana he has real power! I've seen more than just his one fight on HBO!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

but they were affecting him, guerrero fought an ugly fight and tied aydin up every time he was about to get hit...he took many more chances against berto

I don't see aydin going far against top opposition as he's slow...booth is an excellent strategist but his fighters don't adapt well as seen with groves

Comment

Lol berto shat on

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA-
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

but they were affecting him, guerrero fought an ugly fight and tied aydin up every time he was about to get hit...he took many more chances against berto

I don't see aydin going far against top opposition as he's slow...booth is an excellent strategist but his fighters don't adapt well as seen with groves
                So they were affecting him cause he was tying up? I think Guerrero was affected by Aydin's punches ONCE and that was in the late rounds of I'm not wrong. By then Guerrero was already looking tired as ****.

Comment

Berto wanted none of aydin. Berta would have got killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Sugar
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Aydin had a big layoff aswell and his punches were getting to guerrero but Roberts a sold fighter. Berto doesn't have any defense and he doesn't have and foot movement. Aydin would steam roll Berto that's why Haymon was keeping that fight from happening for over 2 years!! Aydin punches like Maidana he has real power! I've seen more than just his one fight on HBO!
                    His layoff wasn't as long as Guerrero's and Aydin was fighting at his natural weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X