No announcement yet.

Fighters who brought themselves to hell in training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
    Ya man Sanchez was an amazing athlete even outside of training for fights he would be exercising like a beast
    Yea supposedly he ate, slept and **** boxing 24/7. He was arguably the most dedicated boxer ever and that's no exaggeration. He was always in training mode, that's why I think it was one of the biggest tragedies in the history of the sport when he died.

Imagine the fights we would have ended up seeing with the division he was in....we really missed out on a great legend in his prime.

Comment

Any fighter Anne Wolfe trains. Woman is a slave master.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Yea supposedly he ate, slept and **** boxing 24/7. He was arguably the most dedicated boxer ever and that's no exaggeration. He was always in training mode, that's why I think it was one of the biggest tragedies in the history of the sport when he died.

Imagine the fights we would have ended up seeing with the division he was in....we really missed out on a great legend in his prime.
        I always forgot his age cuz when im thinking of his career how good he was and then ill remember his age it was crazy to have beaten the likes of Nelson Lopez(2) Gomez and Laporte all before 23.I always wonder though would we have really have seen alot more of Sanchez if he had survived because i have seen that his objective was to get enough money out of boxing and become a doctor.It was a different anyway going from putting people in hospitals to making them better haha

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
          no way. if you're always in decent shape it should be more about the gameplan and strategy as opposed to intense workouts. i say good sparring is the key, and not a TON of it.

i think its silly for fighters to go through a whole training camp, fight gets cancelled, start from square one and do a new camp.
          No and im not saying they have too it's just i love hearing gym stories that are the stuff of legend that is the perpose of this thread

Comment

Ricky hatton, why? its simple, this guy had to go from obese to light welterweight fighter in the space of a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              I always forgot his age cuz when im thinking of his career how good he was and then ill remember his age it was crazy to have beaten the likes of Nelson Lopez(2) Gomez and Laporte all before 23.I always wonder though would we have really have seen alot more of Sanchez if he had survived because i have seen that his objective was to get enough money out of boxing and become a doctor.It was a different anyway going from putting people in hospitals to making them better haha
              Yea...but remember, DLH and many other boxers said they would retire young and ended up staying longer than they should. I think once you become champ, you catch that big of wanting to go from good to great.

If Sanchez wouldn't have died so young, we might have seen some of the greatest fights ever. I mean his fight with Azuma Nelson was legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                Ricky hatton, why? its simple, this guy had to go from obese to light welterweight fighter in the space of a couple months.
                Forgot to mention Hatton nice shout

Comment

roberto duran was ment to have bloated up alot between fights when he was in the later stages of his career.up near 190lbs..so id imagine his camp would have been hell to get down to weight

Comment

In his his training camp against Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams went through a grueling camp where he was put through spartan-esche exercises in order to prepare himself.

IMO too much focus was put on the conditioning and not enough was put on technique and strategy....

Also, Michael Katsidis is known for his grueling (secluded) training camps...

Comment

Originally posted by cannonball_X View Post
                      I've heard Rocky Marciano used to work like a beast in training. Im sure all the great champions worked really hard in training to achieve their goal.
                      Yes, I agree about all the great champions working hard, and Marciano was known for it. However I wouldn't call him any sort of a "great champion". Do yourself a favour and look up his record. I mean the records of well over-the-hill former top fighters, kids, semi-retired worn out fighters, and VERY IMPORTANTLY...look at THEIR records of building up their reputations (excepting Louis, Charles, Walcott, Moore) by matching no-hopers, beginners, guys with ZERO or 1 or 2 wins, etc.

Then the clear picture will emerge that Marciano was a built up fraud. And, of course the then all-powerful Mafia gamblers had nothing to do with it. Nor his well connected manager....

Comment

Working...
                      X