No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Closing 2012: BoxingScene Pound-for-Pound Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
    Rold, while I applaud you for not having the likes of Tim Bradley on your list, I must ask how in the hell is Ward number one? He cleaned out 168 but has taken no fights in which he was not favored. Yes, give him credit for stopping Dawson and decisioning Froch in boring fashion but he did go life and death with the always underrated Sakio Bika. For him to be considered in the top two he should have to prove himself against dangerous challenges higher in weight like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Donaire, and even Martinez have all done. I can't take your list seriously until you move Ward back a bit.
    You hate Ward. How can you argue the only guy who cleaned out a tough division. Show me the fighter who didnt have a tough fight with Bika. SOG is not going to be the underdog unless he moves to HW. In that aspect you're saying he should be docked spots because he's likely to win. Thats not logical.

This is a good list. Mine would differ slightly but I cant argue with this list to much. Definitely Ward is number 1.

Comment

How can a guy get dismantled by another guy...the latter guy having only one good hand...not even his BEST hand, mind you...be a Top 10 P4Per?

That harkens back to days of yore insults..."I'll whoop you with one hand tied behind my back."

Wait....I know why....to placate all the Bridiots here...to keep gettin' those UK hits.

P.S.~ You should have had Pacquiao at #6 BEFORE he got put to sleep, Rold...you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
        How can a guy get dismantled by another guy...the latter guy having only one good hand...not even his BEST hand, mind you...be a Top 10 P4Per?

That harkens back to days of yore insults..."I'll whoop you with one hand tied behind my back."

Wait....I know why....to placate all the Bridiots here...to keep gettin' those UK hits.

P.S.~ You should have had Pacquiao at #6 BEFORE he got put to sleep, Rold...you know it.
        Um, nope. Don't.

Comment

Oh you do....it's fine though...I understand.

Froch a P4Per, and Bradley's not...lol...smh.

Comment

Oh you do....it's fine though...I understand.

Froch a P4Per, and Bradley's not...lol...smh.
            Nope. really don't. have fun with that though.

Comment

Carl Froch is also on ESPN's Top 10 PFP list and Yahoo's Top 10 PFP list.

The guy has earned his place.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

From Pascal to Bute, he fought by far the toughest schedule in the sport and lost two. One was close as hell. Now he's fighting Kessler again. Easy top ten.

Comment

Originally posted by ARealboxingfan View Post
                  I never ever reply/post on here but this p4p list is just bull****. Im a BIG ward fan but come on we all know Mayweather is #1 on p4p hands down.
                  Obviously the Cotto fight hurt his standings here. I think they got the first 3 right, but the rest of the list is pretty bad, IMO.

Comment

Great list. I'm glad to see Abner Mares finally get his due. It's about time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

I think he should be there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X