Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dubstep has peaked, been over saturated and milked. Trap is taking over.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    That can't happen since this genre CAME from mainstream rap music. It's taken from a mainstream sound that rappers have been using for the past 5-6 years.

Never said trap came from dubstep.
    My bad I just re-read that.

So these trap beats though... I just listened and they're kinda like the electronic take on trill **** right?

Comment

So trap is Dubstep without the hard bass?

inb4 "No, you just don't get it"

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        My bad I just re-read that.

So these trap beats though... I just listened and they're kinda like the electronic take on trill **** right?
        Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          So trap is Dubstep without the hard bass?

inb4 "No, you just don't get it"
          Technically speaking, trap pumps out more bass than Dubstep, but what you're referring to is the mid frequency wobbles and shredding sounds that dubstep is known for.

Trap is what mainstream RAP is now, but without a rapper over it. The rapper is replaced by a constant busy main sound synth/sample. It provides the melody while heavy bass provides the kick.

Comment

Chillstep is where its at bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
              Chillstep is where its at bro.

I just never got into dubstep. I was personally introduced to Joe Nice in 09' I think, maybe a little later and that was the first time I heard dubstep. I could tolerate it, but never really embraced it.

When I want to listen to chill ****, I usually go for stuff like this

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Technically speaking, trap pumps out more bass than Dubstep, but what you're referring to is the mid frequency wobbles and shredding sounds that dubstep is known for.

Trap is what mainstream RAP is now, but without a rapper over it. The rapper is replaced by a constant busy main sound synth/sample. It provides the melody while heavy bass provides the kick.

I just don't get it

Comment

Comment

why cant we just call it **** music. Why do some people have to break it down into sub categories of **** music.

Comment

Working...
                      X