No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia is a Puppet Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia is a Puppet Trainer

I like him only because he seems like a good guy and he trains my favorite fighter in Nonito Donaire but I think he is overrated as a trainer. Brandon Rios absolutely does not know how to box and that's a shame because you teach him a little defense and movement and he could actually be kinda good. He trained Margarita against Pacquiao and basically got him destroyed against Pacman. His own nephew Pelos Garcia fought Jose Roman and Roman was on his way to KOing Pelos when Garcia stopped the fight. He doesn't even really train Mikey Garcia, his own dad does. As for Nonito Donaire, Brian Schwartz and Mike Bazzell are his actual trainers and Garcia just comes in at the end. Robert Garcia just seems to be a figure head. I hope this motivates him to actually train Nonito intelligently for the 2 weeks their together because suffering back to back losses as a trainer when your fighters are favored is not good at all.

1 loss doesn't make a trainer overrated. When you are in close fights at the top level you win some and you lose some. He can't control what his fighters do in the ring, he can prepare them to the best of their abilities and teach them things but when the fighters are in the ring its mainly up to them what they do.

Comment

dont wana blame the fighter? blame the trainer.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He was giving Rios some damn good instructions, it's just Rios has scrambled brains.

Comment

He actually gave Rios some instructions this time. Not only that but he also told him to get his **** together and win the last three rounds. Of course, Rios being the idiot he is, he just smiled. There was a great sense of urgency in his corner tonight. Something we didn't see against Abril - in a fight Rios was losing badly by a way bigger margin.

Comment

I think he's a very good trainer and a very passionate guy, but he might be hitting a bad streak soon as I feel Donaire could potentially lose.

Comment

He gave good advice, even VS Abril. Rios is just dumb.

I mean Check your eyeballs out is such a 8 year old thing to say. Seriously.

Comment

Rios got about as much IQ as a bag of rocks

Comment

At the end of the day the fighter is the main guy

Rios is the problem.. not Garcia

Garcia has brought the best out In Maidana and given him back the outside skills he has slowly forgot about...

Mikey and Maidana both are tough hard hitter who could probably win fights fighting like Rios.. but since they have the skills to box as well Robert uses them..

Sadly Rios's only assets are power and an iron chin - The only thing Garcia needs to do is make him use that jab (although slow)

Comment

the trainer gives the game plan, but it's the fighter that has to go out there and do it. feints, head movement, and a busy jab is basic boxing, and would help any fighter who uses them. but your boxing style is tied to your temperament and your mindset. Brandon thinks just like a bull. he's extra tough, stubborn and determined to do things his way. he loves to bang, and even with the best advice and game plan, he won't always be able to go out there and do it. maidana was similar, but he seems more willing to listen and he had made some noticeable adjustments under Garcia. so it isn't Garcia's fault. a fighter has to always work on his craft and try to improve in every area

Comment

Working...
                    X