Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to shed a few pounds and get back into boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to shed a few pounds and get back into boxing.

Any advice?

I was always told I was decent at it, but at such a young age I didn't have the discipline to stick with it.

Discovered sex, drugs and rock roll, all went downhill from there.

Now I'm looking at getting back into it, but I'm about a stone over my ideal weight (not fat, just a little overweight).

What's the best way to regain my fitness and get back into fighting shape, in your guys opinions?

Been on the treadmill a lot lately, looking at increasing my stamina and slimming down, but it's not working as well as I had hoped, any help would be appreciated.

The best thing I could reccomend is to get on a daily running, sit-ups, and push-ups regiment, maybe some shadow boxing too, is this to get in decent shape before you join a gym?

Comment

Good idea, but why wait? I think he should go straight to gym and tell them he has been out for a while. Sauna suit, roadwork, and circuits should do it. One stone if nothing. Just get one which is nylon outer and rubber inner, and it will not rip so you can box with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Benitez View Post
        Good idea, but why wait? I think he should go straight to gym and tell them he has been out for a while. Sauna suit, roadwork, and circuits should do it. One stone if nothing. Just get one which is nylon outer and rubber inner, and it will not rip so you can box with it.
        sauna suit will do nothing to drop fat...stick with running and lo carb diet for a bit. Their is no magical way, just hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
          sauna suit will do nothing to drop fat...stick with running and lo carb diet for a bit. Their is no magical way, just hard work.
          Low carb diets are 'qucik fixes' and do not actually work. They canb actually cause damage to your metabolism. Graze on fruti and do the paleonthilic diet detailed on wikipedia and on www.spartanhealth.com

Everyone has different theories on diet, but a sauna suit does definitely work if you get a proper one and bang it out. People say it is just water which is silly, as sweat is defo not just water! It creates HEAT, which will always mean more calories burnt and more energy used. It is also good for muscles and is similar to being in a hot climate for training. Many top fighter suse it. Just make sure you have 2L of water before and during training that is all. You won't piss buckets afterwards if you train properly.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am aware there is no magical way, just wondering if what I am doing so far is right.

Haven't bothered with any kind of strength training yet, figured it would be best to just get back into some sort of shape first.

So far I've been running 5 kilometres at a time in the gym, with a ten minute "rest" in between, where I just take it relatively easy on a rowing maching or exercise bike.

Have cut all the **** out from my diet already, and doing a few press ups and sit ups, but I didn't think they were that important for losing weight, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Comment

All circuit training is important in weight loss. Build up to a thousand press ups and a thousand sit ups a day, along with 5-6 miles of running ON A ROAD, and then tell me if you still got them **** and a belly after that. I doubt you will. People expect things to happen with no hard work. Of course you are wrong. If ytou are serious about boxing you should already know this blood. All I can say to all these posters on about boxing, is pull your finger out!

Comment

Working...
              X