No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up in Smoke.

Wasn't as good as it was in high school, still gave it a 7/10 just for old times sake.

Comment

• I just saw Gravity..

An absolute masterpiece. The Visuals and Audio were spectacular. I haven't felt this way watching a movie since I can remember. To be so completely immersed and in absolute awe of what you're experiencing.. it was breathtaking.

I'll never forget this movie, and I'm still thinking about it.

10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        The story was kinda simple. But i liked how it illustrated how vulnerable astronauts are up there. And how we take gravity for granted. Space is ****ing scary.
        I think they showed the volatility of the reality we live in. The chances for life to exist in an environment so hostile and so dangerous are astronomical.

Earth is the only place is the entire universe we know of that life can exist, it might not exist anywhere else.

Space might seem foreign, but the world we live in is so miniscule compared to what's out there. We exist in a universe where we were never meant to survive.

Comment

• his film children of men > gravity

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            You've never realized how horrible life can be until you watch The Rainbow Bright Movie. 15 minutes into it I wanted to slit my throat. However the kids loved it.

I took my step sister to see Chipmunks 3 Chipwrecked a while back 3/10 the story was cliche but wasn't "terrible" just everything minus the bare bones plot was horrid.

On a different note... Wolf Children : Ame and Yuki...was a fantastic story, also good for families if you like Ghibli films. It was well designed with great character development. Stories about a human mother raising half-wolf children alone after their father passes. Touching and endearing at times with a good sense of what it's like to be different from a childs view... 9/10 I highly recommend it if you bother giving animated films a shot.

Comment

• Riddick....awful story...very disappointing...3/10.

300:Rise of an Empire....great movie, almost up there with Gladiator except the
              dialoge was poor and predictable. Eva Greens' breasts are remarkable. Fantastic
              graphics....really gave you the impression that you were on the ships in a stormy sea.
              A little more accurate historically speaking that the original 300.

Comment

• 300: Rise of an Empire
                5/10.

Take away any meaning or build up from the first movie and splash CGI blood around for 2 hours and call it a movie. There's so much constant pointless violence it actually gets boring. Predictable and some really piss poor dialogue. I'm not at all intimidated by Eva Green's character the minute her big plan to take down Greece was to **** their commander.
                Last edited by GeneralZod; 03-09-2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• "when you kill a man, you're a murderer...
                  kill many, and you're a conqueror...
                  kill them all, you're a god!"

im reminded of this line from megadeth's captive honour watching this powerful documentary... the protagonists trace their murderous rampage several decades ago with glee and pride, not a hint of remorse in their bones...

the film depicts these things with an honest lens, undiluted and cold...

a friend of the primary protagonist narrating how he killed his girlfriend's father sent chills down my spine...

this documentary is a must watch...

Comment

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    I just saw Gravity..

An absolute masterpiece. The Visuals and Audio were spectacular. I haven't felt this way watching a movie since I can remember. To be so completely immersed and in absolute awe of what you're experiencing.. it was breathtaking.

I'll never forget this movie, and I'm still thinking about it.

10/10
                    I've been thinking about downloading this one, I think I might just do it now. A recent movie that I have seen that I thought was pretty decent was The Secret Life of Walter Mitty starring Ben Stiller. He does not play a comical role in this and it is a movie that "tugs on the heartstrings a bit". I thought it was a nice change of pace movie and very original......7/10

Comment

• A great action movie with the great Christian Bale is Harsh Times....great movie in the spirit of Training Day to a degree.

Another great one starring him is Out of the Furnace

American Hustle was a very good movie as well............all must see

Comment

Working...
                      X