No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Quillin actually got 613k viewers against McEwan on HBO. Probably less on his Showtime appearances.
    Ok those are very Solid numbers, didnt know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      carried by the kirkland-angulo fight...

there's a reason u won't be seeing him in a main event this year, maybe not even next year if he still has that belt

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        quillin is the biggest fraud in the mw division

seriously if this guy was european everybody would be ripping him for the opposition he's been facing and the way he's been protected

I hope he gets exposed but guerrero probably isn't good enough to pull it off....

who's next for this guy? peter manfredo?
        Woudn't be surprised if they mentioned him and he was the #1 the next day

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Quillin actually got 613k viewers against McEwan on HBO. Probably less on his Showtime appearances.
          That was because he was on the Angulo-Kirkland undercard

Comment

I don't know how much say Pete has in choosing his opponents, but he gives me the impression that he's extremely grateful to be where he is. Also, he seems to think he's a little bigger than he really is. I don't think Quillin wants to jeopardize what he's worked for just yet, not unless he's getting paid lovely. Golovkin is a dangerous opponent for anyone. Pete may not make it past him. As of now, I'm inclined to favor GGG in this match-up.

Comment

who the **** he thinks he is? golovkin has more fans than him so what's he talking about? golovkin will kick his ass and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                carried by the kirkland-angulo fight...

there's a reason u won't be seeing him in a main event this year, maybe not even next year if he still has that belt
                Ahh ok that makes alot more sense now, I thought he meant those were his numbers seperately because those GGG/Rosado numbers were just for their fight.

Comment

kid ducker

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I don't know how much say Pete has in choosing his opponents, but he gives me the impression that he's extremely grateful to be where he is. Also, he seems to think he's a little bigger than he really is. I don't think Quillin wants to jeopardize what he's worked for just yet, not unless he's getting paid lovely. Golovkin is a dangerous opponent for anyone. Pete may not make it past him. As of now, I'm inclined to favor GGG in this match-up.
                    I am pretty sure they sparred together, I think I saw Peter talking in an interview when asked about sparring Golovkin that it was tit for that, I don't know if it was indeed, but I believe they have sparred.

Comment

Just based on that last poll in this forum, Golovkin is a 10 to 1 favorite. No way Golden Boy makes the fight with those type odds even if Quillin wants it.

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      What? 613k is terrible. It was the lowest rated HBO fight in 2011.

But to be fair to Quillin, it was his first HBO fight. Golovkin also had a terrible start seeing how he might have broken the all time record low for a main event in his debut. In in the grand scheme of things Golovkin's 800k against Rosado isn't particularly great either, but it's telling that it got higher ratings than the main event. Very good sign.
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-26-2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X