No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Michael Farenas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Michael Farenas

How did you guys feel about Gamboa returning to the ring after 15 month layoff??

Gamboa is one of my favorite fighters! I thought he put on a very exciting fight! Though it was apparent he had some ring rust, I thought it was a great great.

I was watching the fight at a Buffalo Wild Wings, and it was packed and maybe 2 or 3 people even knew who Gamboa was, by the end of the fight, everyone was cheering and excited for El Ciclon!!

I thought it was a great warmup fight for Gamboa to take on a very talented Michael Farenas!

GAMBOAWAR!

Also, how did you guys feel about 50 cent's entrance? I've been saying for YEARS Boxing needs more theatrics..in the US specifically, since the Klitschkos have epic entrances at every fight! But 50 cent recently talked about this

"You have to merge music culture with (boxing) and develop cards that are exciting for more than 36 minutes maximum," said 50 Cent. "We should take away the main event, say the whole show is the main event. They should make cards that are exciting enough for us to watch the entire show. You see arenas that you sit down and you feel like it probably didn't sell out until 36 minutes before it's over, then the whole place is full.

"(We should) use some of the theatrics that you see in WWE and bringing them into a sport that doesn't have a question mark -- we know boxing is real. We don't say 'is that real?' like wrestling. If you add those different elements to it you can offer something that would be entertaining enough to watch the entire show."

I think 50 Cent has a lot to offer the boxing world!

Also, gonna update my highlight video i made of Gamboa soon! But check out the one I made a while back.

Gamboa is overrated

he goes life and death with journeymen

Comment

My first time seeing Gamboa fight, he looked good, but if he truly was effected from his "layoff" I would like to see him fight more.

Comment

Gamboa looked rusty, he got too careless with Farenas, though he clearly didn't want to produce a boring UD win on a big PPV. His last fight before this once against Ponce, was a fairly boring one-sided UD win.

Gamboa's speed, reflexes, athleticism, and overall ability was 100% the same. But his timing was a bit off on certain punches and what not. I expect him to look much better in his next fight. I don't think he'll stay at 130 for his next fight, if he does it'll be to grab a title over Salgado. But I'd really like to see him fight Miguel Vazquez at 135 for his title, than if he were to win that, the mega fight around 130-135 against Adrien Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
          How did you guys feel about Gamboa returning to the ring after 15 month layoff??

Gamboa is one of my favorite fighters! I thought he put on a very exciting fight! Though it was apparent he had some ring rust, I thought it was a great great.

I was watching the fight at a Buffalo Wild Wings, and it was packed and maybe 2 or 3 people even knew who Gamboa was, by the end of the fight, everyone was cheering and excited for El Ciclon!!

I thought it was a great warmup fight for Gamboa to take on a very talented Michael Farenas!

GAMBOAWAR!

Also, how did you guys feel about 50 cent's entrance? I've been saying for YEARS Boxing needs more theatrics..in the US specifically, since the Klitschkos have epic entrances at every fight! But 50 cent recently talked about this

"You have to merge music culture with (boxing) and develop cards that are exciting for more than 36 minutes maximum," said 50 Cent. "We should take away the main event, say the whole show is the main event. They should make cards that are exciting enough for us to watch the entire show. You see arenas that you sit down and you feel like it probably didn't sell out until 36 minutes before it's over, then the whole place is full.

"(We should) use some of the theatrics that you see in WWE and bringing them into a sport that doesn't have a question mark -- we know boxing is real. We don't say 'is that real?' like wrestling. If you add those different elements to it you can offer something that would be entertaining enough to watch the entire show."

I think 50 Cent has a lot to offer the boxing world!

Also, gonna update my highlight video i made of Gamboa soon! But check out the one I made a while back.

Gamboa has an appealing style, but will suffer a loss pretty soon if he keeps getting dropped the way he did on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
            Gamboa is overrated

he goes life and death with journeymen
            ninja, he gives the appearance of going life and death... he has the ability to completely dominate fighters...however those fights turn out boring as hell. I like him because he takes risks and he is careless...and he ALWAYS comes back from mistakes and comes back from anything pretty much.

Comment

Same old Gamboa. Flashy, explosive, inconsistent. Rocked multiple times and put down hard by a complete unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
                Gamboa has an appealing style, but will suffer a loss pretty soon if he keeps getting dropped the way he did on Saturday.
                I agree, that was the first time ive seen Gamboa fall due to the other guy..usually he hits the canvas due to being off balance or something. He just needs to stop underestimating his opponents.

Comment

I agree, that was the first time ive seen Gamboa fall due to the other guy..usually he hits the canvas due to being off balance or something. He just needs to stop underestimating his opponents.
                  Whilst taking a punch in the process.

Comment

yeah he's another version of amir khan.. very talented.. speed and power.. but he has a very delicate soft spot that could spell doomsday for for him.. just stay away from puncher and for that gamboa aint getting a spot p4p rankings.

Comment

Working...
                    X