• Show
Clear All

• Will Smith vs Christian Bale

Who is the better actor?
    Smith
    30.95%
    Bale
    69.05%

wow good thread, I got Bale, IMO the 3 Batman movies he did them better than anybody else could

n the crazy harsh times movie

Comment

Bale is obviously the better actor.

Will Smith entertains me more though (no ****).

Comment

Bale is the definition of an actor.

Smith sucks. The only movie he's in that I can watch is 'The Pursuit of Happyness', but even that is a bastardized Hollywood'ification of the story of the real Chris Gardner.

Comment

Good question. Both are very good, not great yet, but one thing separates them in my mind. With Will Smith, it always seems like it's the character playing Will Smith.

I knew Bale was good before The Fighter, but that film convinced me he has what it takes to be great. A great performance.

Smith has been in films I enjoyed too. The Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, The Pursuit of Happyness, and Seven Pounds. Bale has done more though. American Psycho, The Prestige,The Machinist, 3:10 to Yuma, Public Enemies, and The Fighter. Plus he has the Batman trilogy, which was clearly the best super hero trilogy ever.

Comment

Seven pounds touched my heart the way the machinist did. I think the other actor is better but neither of the two sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
              Seven pounds touched my heart the way the machinist did. I think the other actor is better but neither of the two sucks.
              Seven Pounds was so underrated. That film did touch my heart, for real. Smith was very good in that. And I know some may disagree, but Smith took on one of the hardest rolls to live up to ever....Muhammad Ali. Though some may not have liked "Ali", I thought Smith did a good job as Ali. The only problem to me was that it felt like Ali playing Will Smith, not the other way around.

Comment

This isn't even a contest. Of course it's Bale.

Unless Will Smith can pull off playing a British person, an American New York yuppie psycho and a East L.A. white chicano, he shouldn't be mentioned with Bale.

Comment

Bale's leagues above Smith.

Comment

Bale obviously is the better actor but I like Will Smith better as an entertainer.

Comment

Working...
                    X