No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: No Movement on HBO Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: No Movement on HBO Fight

Guillermo Rigondeaux remains on the outside looking in in the wake of his dominant performance over Nonito Donaire in April.

With the fall schedule quickly filling up, time is running out for Rigondeaux to garner a fall matchup on HBO. BoxingScene.com caught up with Rigondeaux's longtime manager Gary Hyde for an update on the situation.

BoxingScene.com: How much of an injustice do you find it to be?

Gary Hyde: I can't fathom how a fighter with the skill set, power and ring craft of Rigo is being victimized like this. The trouble with Rigo is he is just too good. In just his 12th professional fight he destroyed a pound-for-pound fighter and made him look ordinary. Rigondeaux exposed Donaire and is the only fighter to do this. The penalty for Rigo's destruction of a great is unspeakable. [Click Here To Read More]

If hbo doent want him,they dont want him,period,arum cant do anything about that,i mean they throw up at the mention of his name so that means no,stop insisting

Comment

Damn no love for Rigo

Comment

He's got 2 belts. Who are his mandatories?

Comment

It sucks, but it is what it is. I'm not worried about it. We'll see Rigo fight eventually, even if it's overseas.

Comment

Rigandeaux destroyed Donaire? What a ridiculous statement! He definitely out-pointed him. Even outclassed him, but destroyed? Come on. Either way, I'm really happy HBO & Showtime are slowly releasing these fighters who are not entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Yes for real who is his mandatory, because HBO doesn't really care about us hardcore fans, most people on this site seem to appreciate what this guy has done in a short pro career. Rigo deserves better and I don't think Arum gives a **** either. I wonder when his contract expires.
              I think he would fit right in with TMT, Floyd would really appreciate his style.
              I think he would promote the **** out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Quigg/Salinas are supposed to be fighting for the WBA #1 spot, and Avalos is currently WBO #1. If Terrazas beats Santa Cruz, that could also be Rigo's next opponent.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 08-10-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

They should fight Rigos mandos off TV, for their last 2 fights, and jump to GBP, I bet Oscar will promote him better. Arum dont know how to promote, he just take advatanges of fighters with agressive styles.

A promoter should be able to promote a guy even if their boring(not to me) or whatever.

HBO and Arum are just pissed that he upset the applecart and knock of their future star!

War Rigo!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Quigg/Salinas are supposed to be fighting for the WBA #1 spot, and Avalos is currently WBO #1.
                    There you go. He should just take a break. Defend his titles and wait for some hype job with a big fan base. He also got Romero/ Martinez and possibly Terrazas.

All roads lead to Rigo at 122.

Comment

Working...
                    X