Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Vows To End Freddie Roach's Losing Streak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50//50 fight for me. I don't hold much faith in Vanes chin and I really do not think Lara is all that myself.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      50//50 fight for me. I don't hold much faith in Vanes chin and I really do not think Lara is all that myself.
      I feel the same exact way.

Comment

Lara rocked by Brewster? The ****...? In that case Vanes is gonna get Montiel'ed. Vanes is down every other fight fyi.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think Lara's movement and style will be the factor of him winning this fight. I'm picking Lara to win by UD.

Comment

lara by ko.

Comment

I don't now but the odds are really tempting if you want to bet on Vanes(+425).

I've never seen Vanes fight but Lara is just an OK fighter, nothing special, he shouldn't be that huge of a favorite unless he's fighting a complete bum.

Comment

This is a very winnable fight for Vanes. He seems to be a bit underrated from what I can tell. It will be an interesting fight to watch because of their styles...They both try and box but mix it up frequently. Lara is more come forward and Vanes tends to circle more. Late rounds will be fought against the ropes...

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                  I don't now but the odds are really tempting if you want to bet on Vanes(+425).

I've never seen Vanes fight but Lara is just an OK fighter, nothing special, he shouldn't be that huge of a favorite unless he's fighting a complete bum.
                  If you saw Vanes fight, you would not find those odds so tempting...

Comment

Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
                    This is a very winnable fight for Vanes. He seems to be a bit underrated from what I can tell. It will be an interesting fight to watch because of their styles...They both try and box but mix it up frequently. Lara is more come forward and Vanes tends to circle more. Late rounds will be fought against the ropes...
                    really?

the guy has been a constant disappointment, I saw him in the ams and I thought wow a cpl of times, then I saw him as a pro when I was living in LA, I saw him on TV later on, I think I might have even seen him spar at wild card but I am not sure, all I know I have been constantly unimpressed by his pro game.

maybe I am so pessimistic/bitter because of the way he has been handled.

I think Lara is a bit overrated honestly, but I still see him spanking Vanes, as he seems to have adapted much faster to fighting like a pro.

Comment

Lara is on a roll right now
                      thinking Vanes has a better chance than some are giving him
                      but still think Lara will beat him on a tough UD
                      he's getting a little overrated, but he's the top guy at JMW right now
                      Vanes just has to stop him from establishing the left hand
                      if he can, there's a chance he can get the decision

Comment

Working...
                      X