Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez vs Martinez will it sell more thAn Cotto-may weather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way in hell it outsells Mayweather/Cotto!

Comment

It will be a big seller but not nearly as big as Mayweather vs. Cotto. Mayweather is the biggest money maker and Cotto is the 3rd biggest. Martinez is not that popular.

Comment

I agree with 4corners. I don't think it's going to do over 350k. Plus Canelo fighting on non-PPV Showtime at the same time (regardless of the opponent) will take away many potential buyers.

Comment

It's a better fight no doubt but it won't come close

Comment

This fight would be considered a success if it did Pac Clottey numbers. But to outsell the #1 P4P best fighter in the world, Floyd Mayweather? lol, Pac can't even do that and he's the second best at everything in boxing!

Comment

It'll do good numbers, though.

Comment

4corners is making a great point, it seems a lot of people have started to think that 700k+ buys are easy to come by because of Manny Pacquiao's & Floyd Mayweathers amazing numbers they put up routinely.
                If Cotto & Margarito did around 600k buys, which is a MASSIVE success, there is no way, JCC Jr. & Martinez does close to that, no matter how much better the match up is.

If this fight sells 300k units (which is not a given) that will be a great number that everyone will make a LOT of money on.
                Do the math: $49.95 ppv(my estimated price)x 300k buys= $14,985,000. Say the distributers take 45% of the profits(directv etc). That gives the promoters around $8,241,750 to pay the fighters, promoters, etc.
                Add gate in, add international tv, and it would make these fighters huge money.

Comment

Working...
                X