No announcement yet.

Is Buck Smith the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Buck Smith the GOAT?

Is Buck Smith greater than Sugar Ray Robinson?
    They share A LOT in common.

There records are nearly identical like eerily similar even down to the K.O %. Both fought at middleweight!
    They both went over 100 fights unbeaten.

Buck Smith did all this & fought all these fights in less time than Sugar Ray took.

As you can clearly see he like Sugar Ray Robinson was in his prime when at 147! (He barely lost a round) Conveniently there is little footage to be found!

His oppositions records are very similar to The Sugarmans.

Is Buck Smith an ATG? A HOFer? Does he surpass Sugar Ray?

He fought many ATGs such as Chavez, A prime Buddy McGirt - Would of probably won as well if he wasn't past his prime.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6117&cat=boxer
    Tough one but I'd probably give the edge to Buck Smith
    62.50%
    Buck Smith is THE greatest of all time
    37.50%

Rare footage of the great Buck Smith in action

Comment

And before you ask yes Buck Smith beats the living **** out of Golovkin!

Comment

Did you ever check Smiths resume?

Comment

Reggie Strickland must've really loved boxing. 66-276-17. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Reggie Strickland must've really loved boxing. 66-276-17. Wow.

Haha yeah I'm pretty sure that guy holds the record for the most ever recorded losses. I remember looking through his record before hoping he'd pulled an upset on somebody we'd of heard of, sadly not

Comment

I'd say it's a three-way toss up between SRR, Buck Smith and Golovkin.

Comment

He beat Kirkland Laing (I cried) who beat Roberto Duran who beat Sugar Ray Leonard so he's up there.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Haha yeah I'm pretty sure that guy holds the record for the most ever recorded losses. I remember looking through his record before hoping he'd pulled an upset on somebody we'd of heard of, sadly not
                  I mean I'm not hating, he got the ring and put his life on the line each time. But damn, you think after the first 100 or so, you think maybe this just isn't for me?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I mean I'm not hating, he got the ring and put his life on the line each time. But damn, you think after the first 100 or so, you think maybe this just isn't for me?

Yeah you would of thought so but I bet the guy made some nice money. Sadly he probably got as much as the top boxers get today fighting twice a year lol

Comment

Working...
                    X