No announcement yet.

GBP-Net worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP-Net worth?

Does anybody have some information what GBP is worth or how much they make a year. I know the UFC is worth a billion and makes around 200 million a year in ticket sales and PPVs. I doubt that GBP is anywhere near the UFC but all the sows they put with the gates and license fees from Showtime etc etc.

I've read that GBP has incurred losses in the last couple of years. They're not a public traded company so their financials are not public record. Do a google search, see what you come up with...

Comment

There is no record online, but if you want to buy the company I say go get $1 billion dollars

Comment

they are a private business, so there is no possible way of finding out

most likely they are either barely breaking even or making losses, they have no ppv star, this is why the floyd mayweather deal is stupid for them, they use his shows to try and build talent but they make a flat fee on him only which would not be too big while al haymon takes around 15-18 percent from floyd

compare then to top rank

they pay pacman like 22m guarantees and larger ppv bonus based taking him to around 30m-32m per fight, they obviously make a lot of money as the 30-32m is after top ranks cut which would make them over 5m easily

in other words

until golden boy get a ppv star, they will keep struggling in a financial sense but the fact oscar is worth so much and most likely still makes good money, gb are very safe

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          they are a private business, so there is no possible way of finding out

most likely they are either barely breaking even or making losses, they have no ppv star, this is why the floyd mayweather deal is stupid for them, they use his shows to try and build talent but they make a flat fee on him only which would not be too big while al haymon takes around 15-18 percent from floyd

compare then to top rank

they pay pacman like 22m guarantees and larger ppv bonus based taking him to around 30m-32m per fight, they obviously make a lot of money as the 30-32m is after top ranks cut which would make them over 5m easily

in other words

until golden boy get a ppv star, they will keep struggling in a financial sense but the fact oscar is worth so much and most likely still makes good money, gb are very safe
          ??? Barely Breaking even or making losses? If that would be true how are promoters like Kathy Duva, Gary Shaw and DiBella still in business?
          Richard Schaeffer was the Boss of CreditSuisse in America before he gave up his job to join GBP. I doubt that he gave up a job that paid him millions of dollars in salary to work for a company that barely breaks even or makes losses

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
            ??? Barely Breaking even or making losses? If that would be true how are promoters like Kathy Duva, Gary Shaw and DiBella still in business?
            Richard Schaeffer was the Boss of CreditSuisse in America before he gave up his job to join GBP. I doubt that he gave up a job that paid him millions of dollars in salary to work for a company that barely breaks even or makes losses
            how many shows do these guys put on though? golden boy put on lots of shows in trying to build stars, that does cost them some money, if they get a ppv star, thats when they make their money back

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              how many shows do these guys put on though? golden boy put on lots of shows in trying to build stars, that does cost them some money, if they get a ppv star, thats when they make their money back
              This is pure misinformation.

GBP makes money every event they put on. They pay all their expenses out of the Showtime license fee with room to spare and take in sponsorship + gate for themselves. Low risk business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
                When did Dick start working for GBP? CreditSuisse got hit big time by the financial crisis... So if he left during that time, he wasn't really leaving millions...

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                  When did Dick start working for GBP? CreditSuisse got hit big time by the financial crisis... So if he left during that time, he wasn't really leaving millions...
                  Shaefers been with GBP since 2007.

Comment

Yeah Top Rank is killing GBP with there live gates of 4k

Comment

Working...
                    X