No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Reflects on Emanuel Steward's Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Reflects on Emanuel Steward's Greatness

The boxing world was hit with shattering news on Thursday when it was first rumored and later confirmed that Hall of fame trainer Emanuel Steward had passed away at the age of 68.

Originally from Bottom Creek, West Virginia, Steward would relocate to Detroit, Michigan by the age of 12. After a successful amateur career, Steward would try out his training skills inside of the now famous Kronk Gym.

Steward’s contributions to the sport are legendary, including his work with former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis, five-division champion
    Thomas Hearns, unified heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, and countless others. In 2001, Steward joined HBO as a ringside analyst and received much acclaim for his commentary. [Click Here To Read More]

Does anybody remember the last fight Steward called?

Comment

Very nice words from Merchant. It shows the effect that Manny had on everyone around him.

Comment

[QUOTE=JoeWbbmest311;12640527]Does anybody remember the last fight Steward called?[/QUOT

well the last one i remember(maybe he did one after and i can't recall) is the one when mike jones and randall bailey fought,the words that i remember is when he was saying i think before the ko is that he has seen better action in sparring than what he was watching with those two,thats the last fight i can remembeer where he was commentating

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
          Does anybody remember the last fight Steward called?
          Last one I remember was Khan-Garcia.

My favourite commentary was when he made Jim Lampley cry after saying that Clottey was beating Cotto

Comment

Emanuel "OHHH MAAH GAAAWWWD!!!" Steward

Comment

it shoulda been Merchant instead of Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperUppercut View Post
                it shoulda been Merchant instead of Manny.
                It should have been you

Comment

his last fight was Ward - Dawson early September

Comment

Last fight he called was pacquiao/bradley...i remember steward saying he was dumbfounded by the decision.

Too bad pacquaio and mayweather couldnt get their **** together so steward can see the fight before he died.

Comment

Working...
                    X