Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather claims he can "pay off" Marquez. How, when he's in DEBT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather claims he can "pay off" Marquez. How, when he's in DEBT.

From Dan Rafael himself over at ESPN.com...
    • Seems like Floyd "Money" Mayweather ought to change his nickname to "Needs Money." According to public records obtained by The Associated Press, Mayweather is millions in debt. Mayweather's tax issues have been an open secret, but seeing the specific numbers was still surprising. The AP's report paints a pretty harsh portrait of the fighter, who has been known to travel carrying tens of thousands of dollars in a paper bag (I've seen it), and who brags about his supposed wealth. But according to the report, he owes the IRS $6.17 million, not to mention $193,000 in back taxes to New Jersey, $9,400 to three homeowners' associations, $3,900 to a contractor who did work in his home and even $320.10 to his garbage collector. Come on, man, at least pay the trash man! Mayweather is a tremendous fighter, and maybe he legitimately misses the competition and the roar of the crowd. But anyone who believes that money isn't the driving reason for him coming out of retirement is crazy.

Ouch.

Oscar aint in debt. They knew they putting on a show thats gonna flop thats why theyre dragging Manny in. people have become smarter, they knew its a freakshow.

Comment

Floyd is an idiot what do you expect.

Comment

he will pay marquez after getting his 40% share for fighting pac

Comment

having a debt to the IRS or whoever else doesnt mean you're broke.... it just means you're not willing or able to pay it off at the time....

surely he can come up with the funds to pay him off, just like he can surely come up with the funds to pay off his debts....

the ****er just doesnt want to and wont let go of the little cash he still has!

Comment

Originally posted by veteran420 View Post
            having a debt to the IRS or whoever else doesnt mean you're broke.... it just means you're not willing or able to pay it off at the time.... surely he can come up with the funds to pay him off, just like he can surely come up with the funds to pay off his debts.... the ****er just doesnt want to and wont let go of the little cash he still has!
            how do u explain owing $320 dollars to the garbage collector lmao! i dont owe that.

Comment

ur telling me floyd mayweather someone who got paid 20 million dollars for a lil appeareance on wwe, 50 mil or more in ppv cash, millions and millions in commercirals and sponsors is broke? GTFO HERE DAN RAFAEL U FAT PIG WHO KNOWS **** ABOUT BOXING. GO STUFF UR FACE IN CREAM PUFFS U FAT PIG. I believe mayweather will be in debt some day but it sure as hell wont be in this decade. Im sure when hes old if he keeps living this lifestyle he will be facing serious debt trouble but anyone who thinks hes broke after retiring for a year is a ****ing JACKASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Airforce1234 View Post
                ur telling me floyd mayweather someone who got paid 20 million dollars for a lil appeareance on wwe, 50 mil or more in ppv cash, millions and millions in commercirals and sponsors is broke? GTFO HERE DAN RAFAEL U FAT PIG WHO KNOWS **** ABOUT BOXING. GO STUFF UR FACE IN CREAM PUFFS U FAT PIG. I believe mayweather will be in debt some day but it sure as hell wont be in this decade. Im sure when hes old if he keeps living this lifestyle he will be facing serious debt trouble but anyone who thinks hes broke after retiring for a year is a ****ing JACKASS.
                you can share your opinion without being classless

Comment

Originally posted by Airforce1234 View Post
                  it wasn't 20mill

btw holyfield is broke and he earn more than 450mill on his career.
                  M.J was also in financial troubles after selling more 750mill of copies

Comment

Make it rain on Uncle Sam, Money Mayweather!

Comment

Working...
                    X