• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy is an idiot lol.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      The difference is apples and oranges.

Cotto said he didn't want to fight at 145 unless the title wasn't on the line. He eventually caved because Pacquiao was the shot caller and that's just how it is in boxing.

Andre Ward wasn't saying Chad Dawson's name. Chad called Andre out and readily offered to fight him in Oakland at 168.

I don't have an opinion on either guy being weight drained because they signed the contracts knowing it would be a challenge to make the weight. If they misjudged that's their fault and no way should it make their loss less legitimate, and thus it shouldn't make their opponent's win any less credible.
      Dawson and Cotto both agreed to fight at the lower weight , youre right and if they lost because of it then its on them, they have nobody else to blame because they accepted it but it does make Ward and Pacquiaos wins over them less legitimate because they may not have fought Dawson and Cotto at their best. Maybe the fights would have went the same way at higher weights too, nobody knows but when a fighter goes into the fight with advantages right off the bat his win will be discredited by some people and they should realize this when they are looking for these type of advantages. yeah i know Dawson called out Ward but ever since he did all we heard about was can Dawson make the weight and how will he look so is it really a surprise that some people dont consider it a great win.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I give full credit to Andre Ward too, he is one of my favorites. But I am with Steve Kim here and others the hypocrisy is blatant. Whatever Pac does there is an outcry of boycotting his fights, you can search on youtube for Pacquiao and see all the boycotting videos from guys who Apparently don;t care about Pacquiao but make videos on him daily.

If someone called Pac out and fought him at 147 for pacs title and went down in weight, Pac would get blasted hard. I am starting to believe nobody really cares about Catchweights, these people who have a problem with it and drug testing only doing so because they want to discredit Pacquiao.

I have never seen anyone get this pissed off at catchweights until Pacman had one versus Cotto, and nobody was demanding about drug testing until Floyd suspecting Pac of roids.
        The bold is a lie in every way. 1st off, no one can even call out Pacman. They choose who he fights. Every welterweight & jr middleweight would relish a shot at him if we're being real about it.

But the difference between the fights in comparison here are that Dawson did in fact call out Ward & offer to come to 168. While Arum & team Pacman all but forced Cotto to fight Pacman at 145 after originally trying for 143.

It wasn't like when Mosley ko'd Margarito & waltzed into the wild card & offered to do the fight at 144, when they declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          The bold is a lie in every way. 1st off, no one can even call out Pacman. They choose who he fights. Every welterweight & jr middleweight would relish a shot at him if we're being real about it.

But the difference between the fights in comparison here are that Dawson did in fact call out Ward & offer to come to 168. While Arum & team Pacman all but forced Cotto to fight Pacman at 145 after originally trying for 143.

It wasn't like when Mosley ko'd Margarito & waltzed into the wild card & offered to do the fight at 144, when they declined.
          Bradley called out Pac many times.

Comment

didn't read....but I mentioned yesterday that you can throw the Ward-Dawson fight in the Pac-Cotto archives....I mean, dudes were on here saying that Ward would ice Chad at 175 as well based off of what they saw...it just reminded me of the dudes who were saying Pac would ice Cotto at any weight...thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

When Pac fought Oscar, it was Oscar who requested that the fight take place at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                When Pac fought Oscar, it was Oscar who requested that the fight take place at 147.
                And if the comparo was made about the Oscar fight, your post would be relevant. But it wasn't.

Comment

7 pounds more than 2
                  Catchweight just makes it sound worse
                  Both men agreed to it, nobody was forced

Comment

To the OP.

Cmon its NSB, what you expect, people are going to hate who they hate regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      The difference is,you ready??Dawson called out Ward and said he would go down to 168lb to fight him...Pac made Cotto come down to 145lb to fight him...Now I really don't care and give both Manny and Ward full credit for their victory's..But I think this is some peoples beef with Manny...
                      Yeah Pacquiao, held a gun to Cotto head and said 145lbs or your brain matter will be splattered all over the walls.

Cotto said 145lbs first and talked about fighting Pacquiao before Pacquiao sought him as an opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X