No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    he "can't" do that though: If he opens up he exposes his glass jaw, if he ups his workrate beyond the bare minimum he gasses out. He gets away with his buttoned up minimalistic approach solely because the division lacks talent that would make him pay for it. Put wlad in with a prime lennox and one of two things happen: Wlad stays buttoned up and lewis wins an easy decision, wlad opens up and lennox knocks him the **** out.

Poet
    you are 100 percent correct. Wlad is a mechanical fighter who would've been destroyed by a prime lewis and/or bowe.

Comment

• Wow! We just saw one MANLY fight in Bam Bam vs. Antillon. What a fight!

Comment

• holy **** what a robbery

paul williams should never fight again
        he's a shell of what he used to be\

god bless him
        he's had a hell of a career

what the **** were they thinking?
        putting him in with a left handed puncher?
        That fight should have been stopped.

paul got hit with almost every power punch lara threw

the commentators certainly shouldn't focus so much on one fighter (even if it's paul williams and everybody in boxing likes him)
        lara fought a great fight
        he hit him with huge shots and clearly won at least 8 rounds
        probably closer to 9 or ten
        and he did it all with a second forehead growing out of the side of his face

those judges should never work a pro fight again

somebody got paid off

and if williams does secure a fight with martinez he'll put his life in jeopardy

no way in hell HBO puts an execution like that on air
        they'd take williams out of that ring in a bag. don't you ****ing dare, goosen and HBO.

retire, paul. please.
        Last edited by New England; 07-09-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          holy **** what a robbery

paul williams should never fight again
          he's a shell of what he used to be\

god bless him
          he's had a hell of a career

what the **** were they thinking?
          putting him in with a left handed puncher?
          That fight should have been stopped.

paul got hit with almost every power punch lara threw

the commentators certainly shouldn't focus so much on one fighter (even if it's paul williams and everybody in boxing likes him)
          lara fought a great fight
          he hit him with huge shots and clearly won at least 8 rounds
          probably closer to 9 or ten
          and he did it all with a second forehead growing out of the side of his face

somebody got paid off

and if williams does secure a fight with martinez he'll put his life in jeopardy

no way in hell HBO puts an execution like that on air
          they'd take williams out of that ring in a bag. don't you ****ing dare, goosen and HBO.

retire, paul. please.
          Lara got proper robbed man. Hate that type of crap

I gave Williams 4 rounds (more than most!)

Paul is a guy u gotta respect tho he comes to fight regardless of who is in front of him and never quits

I think its time he hung em up Sergio will finish him and hurt him bad if they fight - dont make this fight!!!

I think with his style, fitness, volume and toughness he still gives some top guys trouble but he is not the fighter he was - RETIRE Paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Wow! We just saw one MANLY fight in Bam Bam vs. Antillon. What a fight!
            WAR!

Flat out war brother! Rios is a diick and the Margarito connection dont help him (with me anyway) either but boy he can rumble!

Rios vs Maidana make that *****! Even vs Matthese and if he does the goods stick em in with Ortiz for the bad blood match!

Comment

• Also i was impressed again by Bute who is looking the real deal. What a finish!

Mendy is no Froch or Ward though...

Bute really should have been in the super six but whoever wins has their hands full with him after the tourney

Comment

• ríos had that look on his face. the guy doesn't take no for an answer

and i'm also a bit surprised that lara isn't getting his props as much as he should

the guy fought a nearly perfect fight with a hematoma the size of a grapefruit on his head

the swelling even made it to his eye by the end of the fight

having his cornerman putting all of his weight on it with the enswell to move it away from the eye helped him see down the stretch, but that thing is going to swell up even worse now

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  WAR!

Flat out war brother! Rios is a diick and the Margarito connection dont help him (with me anyway) either but boy he can rumble!

Rios vs Maidana make that *****! Even vs Matthese and if he does the goods stick em in with Ortiz for the bad blood match!
                  Rios is better than Maidana and could probably pretty easily outbox him, but I have a feeling that he would stand in Maidana's face and just try to outman him. They both have that mentality that they have something to prove and we could get some pretty unbelievable exchanges.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Lara got proper robbed man. Hate that type of crap
                    I gave Williams 4 rounds (more than most!)

Paul is a guy u gotta respect tho he comes to fight regardless of who is in front of him and never quits

I think its time he hung em up Sergio will finish him and hurt him bad if they fight - dont make this fight!!!

I think with his style, fitness, volume and toughness he still gives some top guys trouble but he is not the fighter he was - RETIRE Paul.
                    I hate it more when I had 40 Quid on Lara to win by Descison at 6/1 odds!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      holy **** what a robbery

somebody got paid off
                      Yeah, and that kind of **** is really turning me off to the current fight game. Too damn many of these bad decisions of late.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X