No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Strategy Worked, But Chavez Needs To Box More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Strategy Worked, But Chavez Needs To Box More

Saturday night's performance by Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs) left his trainer, Freddie Roach, convinced that their pre-fight strategy worked. Chavez won a twelve round unanimous decision over Marco Antonio Rubio at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Chavez was making the second defense of his WBC middleweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

then conveniently left before the post fight drug test

suliman: we just forgot

Comment

Can a ******ed white man teach a Mexican fighter to use his jab more? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by changuito242 View Post
        Can a ******ed white man teach a Mexican fighter to use his jab more? I don't think so.
        that was low

Comment

Originally posted by changuito242 View Post
          white man? call him Anglo. Chavez is also white.

Comment

Actually this was the best strategy from a Roach's fighter since quite some time. Pacquiao had a terrible strategy against Marquez, Khan was also pretty bad against Peterson and Linares strategy was also crap in his "final" round against DeMarco.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Actually this was the best strategy from a Roach's fighter since quite some time. Pacquiao had a terrible strategy against Marquez, Khan was also pretty bad against Peterson and Linares strategy was also crap in his "final" round against DeMarco.
              I thought Linares was doing a good job, but the cut eventually got to him....that's me though.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I thought Linares was doing a good job, but the cut eventually got to him....that's me though.
                I though also that he was doing a great job, he was comfortably winning until he started to exchange punches with the bigger and stronger Demarco. All Linares had to do to win was just run around the ring for 6 minutes.

Comment

The strategy worked? What strategy? Bullying around the ring with elbows and garbage punches and outweighing your opponent by 20 lbs? If that is the strategy you speak of, well than I guess I agree lol. He has a chin and a left hook to the body, nothing more. JCC Jr. would get decimated if he fought at the weight he belongs at (SMW or LHW). Even at MW, he still is not beating Pirog, Golovkin or Martinez though. He can go fight shot to hell Marg or garbage Andy Lee I guess lol. JCC Jr. is just another one of Arum's BS champions.

Comment

Roach needs to work on Chavez landing that jab to setup his combos. He also needs to work on his footwork and move side to side and the kid will get to the big names. Bob Arum will put him in there with Margarito then Lee then maybe put him in there with Pavlik then if he beats Pavlik then he will put him in there with Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                    X