No announcement yet.

What did Seth Mitchell do wrong? I can't pin point it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Seth Mitchell do wrong? I can't pin point it

He did so many things wrong in that fight, so bad that I can't even pinpoint what his most major flaw was in that fight. What costed him that fight? If you were his trainer what would you have told him to do differently? What does he need to work on?

It's a fairly short fight so if you could please watch it and share your opinions.

Not to much....it just wasnt his night!

Comment

Shoddy defence.

Comment

5:24 in that video says it all. Swing, miss, reach, paid the price.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Exactly. Was getting excited by the crowd and let his emotions get the best of him. Reached and got caught and could not recover.

Comment

What Mitchell did wrong was he misjudged his own early work.

Mitchell basically threw caution to the wind because he thought he had Banks out of there.

Banks caught Seth with a shot that visibly shook him, and didn't let Mitchell off the hook.

That simple.

But Mitchell's only chance against either Kiltschko was catching them with something big early on. I think if they could get Seth to the 5th or 6th round, he would have gassed and been easy pickens.

Comment

just wasn't his night, still like him and i hope he bounces back

Comment

over reach with the over hand right got him self out of position and banks landed a right right on the jaw that hurt Seth badly and he never had the chance to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  excatly.

he doesnt move his head enough, is over aggressive, doesnt use his jab enough and reaches especially with the jab and straight right hand.

he didnt do anything wrong in this fight that he doesnt usually do, hes always been flawed defensively banks was just the first fighter skilled enough to fully capitalize.

Comment

Waaay too aggressive in that fight. He digged in a good body shot, then rushed in. Banks claimed post fight that he backed off when this shot landed to lay a trap on Mitchell.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X