Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO- Dmitry Pirog:"I'm the next logical step for Martinez, I will make him fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gotteskrieger View Post
    That's a stretch.

He’d be selling his title for a Barker-esque paycheque in Europe.
    no he wouldn't - HBO has guaranteed him a ridiculous amount of money - like near 2 million for his next fight. . . so if he fought in russia, picked up the HBO televsion fee, COUPLED with the Russia tv fee's, AND the live gate - which would probably be upwards of ten thousand (AT LEAST TWICE of what was in attendance last night) - Sergio would make TRIPLE his biggest payday. .

*sigh*, but we know his ducking, cowardly ass won't take the fight. . . wishful thinking, though. . .

Comment

Poor guy, Martinez could leave him crippled and disabled. Pirog should run away from the king while he can..

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        no he wouldn't - HBO has guaranteed him a ridiculous amount of money - like near 2 million for his next fight. . . so if he fought in russia, picked up the HBO televsion fee, COUPLED with the Russia tv fee's, AND the live gate - which would probably be upwards of ten thousand (AT LEAST TWICE of what was in attendance last night) - Sergio would make TRIPLE his biggest payday. .

*sigh*, but we know his ducking, cowardly ass won't take the fight. . . wishful thinking, though. . .
        Unaware of the bold.

Figured it just be another Pirog/Martirosyan style crowd on Channel Sputnik in Russia.

I don't completely rule out the possibility of him fighting him then, because I’ve never thought of him as a coward -- just a guy looking to make some money the easier way.

Comment

The more I read and see of Pirog the more I'm starting to like him. This guy has got balls. He came to the U.S. to issue a challenge to the best mw in the world when his peers are content fighting in Europe (I'm talking about Sturm, Golovkin). Also, Pirog's has a very fan friendly come forward style. He's shows a lot of different angles, is very active on offense and is technically very sound as well. He also has a certain kind swagger and cockiness about him in the ring....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            The more I read and see of Pirog the more I'm starting to like him. This guy has got balls. He came to the U.S. to issue a challenge to the best mw in the world when his peers are content fighting in Europe (I'm talking about Sturm, Golovkin). Also, Pirog's has a very fan friendly come forward style. He's shows a lot of different angles, is very active on offense and is technically very sound as well. He also has a certain kind swagger and cockiness about him in the ring....
            agreed - i really like what ive seen from him. . . he manages to have a fan friendly style and at the same time be very defensively sound. . .

it's just a damn shame martinez won't fight him. . .

Comment

Martinez with his hands-down style of boxing is a KO waiting to happen.

I can see why Pirog wants to fight him.

Comment

This fight should be made.

Comment

Dmitry is real deal. Martinez already has excuses to fire back. I can spott the pus*y right away and told what kind of character he is long time ago. Everyone got wet when he got to that ill kid..but wtf. all that was show and pr. stupid fans..real men would never bring cameras behind that. I feel sorry for that kid

Comment

Pirog is bigger, stronger, tougher and has superior skills.

Martinez will continue ducking him.

Comment

Working...
                    X