No announcement yet.

Powerful information and you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerful information and you

There are three important steps to succeeding in a goal.

Step 1) Get the right information
    Step 2) Make the right plan
    Step 3) Take ACTION!

To give you a personal example of how step #1 is so important:
    I go to the gym about 3 days per week, and every single time I'm there, I see the
    same people relentlessly working out their abs on the ab cruncher machines. And
    these people are doing about 10 - 20 sets of 100 to 200 repetitions of ab crunches
    and sit ups, for up to 3 hours! Every time I go past them I laugh a little, and I also feel
    a bit sorry for them, because they're wasting their time.

The reason why they're doing all the sit ups is because they're desperately trying to
    get a 6 pack of abs on their stomach.
    I have a 6 pack myself, but is it because I trained hard for 2 years to get it? No,
    actually it took me only about 7 weeks. I learned that the only way for your abs to
    become visible is to decrease your body fat percentage below a certain point, about
    7% for men and 12% for women. This is only achieved by following a specific diet
    and working out ALL the muscles of your body, not just one. This way you're working
    out every single muscle, and your body fat decreases all over your body, instead of
    following the “spot reducing” method, where you work out only one part of your body
    and expect the muscles to become visible through all your fat. This is the only way to
    get a 6 pack of abs.

That information took me 3 minutes to learn! 3 Minutes of powerful information
    prevented me from wasting my time for months, or perhaps years without getting the
    result I wanted.

So this is what I meant by “getting the right information” in life. Often people have the
    right MOTIVATION to do something, but they have the wrong INFORMATION.

"Knowledge is the food of the soul"

I didn't write this but I liked it so I shared it

And this has to do with boxing how?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      And this has to do with boxing how?
      To build defense against body shots by strengthening the abs.

Comment

I dont see how this isn't applyable to boxing or anything else in life. Finding more efficent ways to train. People train hard but not smartly... From alot of threads I see here people have alot of misconceptions.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=427258

How do you Hook?
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=426810
        This guy is asking people how they hook, most likely meaning they been doing there left hooks not correct thus wasting time.

How to increase my hand speed?
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=425584
        This guy doesn't know how to increase handspeed. he might of wanted to before but didnt know how thus wasting time.

Obvioisuly this is a forum and asking for help and dicussing is its purpose but researching and thinking should always be done so people can achieve your goals faster and effiecently.

*edit* yes to guy above strenghting abs bit is true but if you read it it's just an EXAMPLE. Just get the main point.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
          To build defense against body shots by strengthening the abs.
          He doesn't give any information on strengthening the abs, he's merely talking about having a "visible six pack", which is completely irrelevant in boxing.

Anyways, for me, training hard is better than training smart.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            He doesn't give any information on strengthening the abs, he's merely talking about having a "visible six pack", which is completely irrelevant in boxing.

Anyways, for me, training hard is better than training smart.
            You can do both at the same time though

example: you probbably have high motivation your at the boxing gym 5 times a week for 1-2 hours grinding it out yet you have a poor diet due to incorrect info or a bad plan.

another person is in the gym the same time but with an excellent diet and is more skillfull, faster, stronger etc

This is just like the example in 1st post but replacing attempting to get a sixpack with boxing

If you spent 20 minutes reading a book on nutrition you could increase your skill massivily as long as you take action aswell.
            Last edited by pacquiao-king; 10-03-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X