No announcement yet.

Froch vs GGG, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch vs GGG, who wins?

This has been talked about with nothing concrete but if it happens I see it being a good fans fight with lots of hard hitting.

Who do you think wins this matchup?
    Froch
    50.00%
    GGG
    47.00%
    Draw
    3.00%

The poll is expired.

Gennady by decapitation. Froch is there to be hit and Gennadavich is that to put that ass whuppin on whoever whenever however.

Comment

both can bang, and both have great chins. GGG's jab is stiffer, and he can cut off the ring. Neither are monsters on the inside, but GGG showed how vicsious he can be with Ouma.

GGG is a natural MW, and Froch is a natural SMW. I'd have to see GGG at SMW first. Can't call it until I do.

Froch isn't one of those guys where I'd say, "GGG KO, done deal." Have too much respect for him.

Toss up. Voted GGG on principle. That's my dude.
      Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 06-23-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Froch, too big and a hell of a lot more proven at a much, much higher level.

Golovkin hasn't even fought a top middleweight yet, a puncher or anything else that would lead me to believe he'd have any chance.

Too small, too open & aggressive.

I'd be a lot more worried with how he'd handle Froch's power than the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Froch, too big and a hell of a lot more proven at a much, much higher level.

Golovkin hasn't even fought a top middleweight yet, a puncher or anything else that would lead me to believe he'd have any chance.

Too small, too open & aggressive.

I'd be a lot more worried with how he'd handle Froch's power than the other way round.
          So you're saying Froch is the bigger puncher?

Comment

GGG isn't even a big middleweight despite being strong and having exceptional power.

Hes too unproven.

Lets see how he gets on with Macklin, his first real test and a legit top middleweight with skills and power.

At this stage I don't think its even fair comparing a small but very talented and powerful yet unproven middleweight to the #2 super middleweight who has fought the whose who of boxing at the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
              So you're saying Froch is the bigger puncher?

Maybe not but certainly the more proven at the weight.
              Froch has shown hes heavy handed at the top level. GGG whilst certainly a very big puncher for his size hasn't even fought a top middleweight with durability yet. Froch has also shown a granite chin at the weight against the divisions best and hardest hitters.

I don't know but its hard for me to see GGG carrying his power up to super middleweight and his shots carrying anywhere near the effect they have at middle where he has mostly been fighting light middleweights thus far.

Comment

I actually agree with everything dan-cov said. I like GGG more than Froch but GGG hasn't proven anything yet. And you guys expect him to be able to take Froch shots. Who knows? 60-40 Froch.

Comment

gennady would stop froch imo...

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    gennady would stop froch imo...
                    The overwhelming majority seem to think that thus far and I do too. Froch is too prideful to stop coming forward and gennady has legit one punch power. I think Froch would make it a fight but fall hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X