Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ALWAYS support your home fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ALWAYS support your home fighter?

I am quite patriotic myself but this poster ''earl hickey'' is something else.

He sent me this because I didn't show support to a certain British boxer,

''**** you, you ****ing uncle yank, BURN''.

I don't usually support someone just because they're from the same part of the world as me. It comes down to fighting style and weather or not I personally like the guy.
    Yes
    22.50%
    No
    77.50%

i support andre ward....

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post

I don't usually support someone just because they're from the same part of the world as me. It comes down to fighting style and weather or not I personally like the guy.
      He's delusional. There's only one type of fan who roots for their own all the time. Biased nationalistic ones.
      Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 12-18-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I personally have a little bias towards hometown boys, yea, but I am not going to say that a hometown fighter is better or will beat another fighter, if I do not believe they can. hometown fan, not hometown bias

earl hickey is a paranoid schizophrenic who clearly has issues outside of boxing

Comment

if he's a proper local lad, like from the same postcode as me, then more often than not i will support him. but i have no particular bias towards british fighters in general. in fact, i usually come to root against the high profile british fighters because i get tired of sky sports and all the delusional part-time fans shoving them down my throat constantly. i am a contrarian by nature, i can't help it.

Comment

i always support my home fighter im always respectful towards it though and theres nothing wrong with earl hickey hes a good poster

Comment

Most of the boxers here in Canada are **** (Zewski is a rare exception).

I support boxers from all over the world:

USA: Guerrero
              Scotland: Burns
              UA: Glazkov
              Russia: Kovalev
              Poland: Adamek
              Kazakhstan: Golovkin
              Dagestan: Abdusalamov
              England: Price
              Mexico: JM Marquez
              Denmark: Kessler

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post

lmao I wouldn't take Earl too seriously, I doubt he is being 100% serious.

To answer the question, almost always yes. Even when I hated the villain that was Chris Eubank back in the 90s I wanted him to beat Rocchigiani. It's very rare I'd back a foreigner over a home fighter.

It's like Carl Froch at the weekend, he needed Kessler to win, it is key to his career, but he was still backing Brian Magee to do it.

I must admit though, David Haye would test my allegiance at the moment...

The other thing I would say is, I would expect some (not all) of the US posters to say 'no' but many of the same posters will back black american, mexican or puerto rican fighters depending on their background or back fighters from the city or state they come from.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Nope, depends entirely on the person and their style.

Wouldn't matter if a fighter lived next door to me, if he was a bell-end why would I want him to win?

In most cases I am very much behind the British fighters, but there are a few who I don't support as they are c*nts.

Comment

No not at all

Comment

Working...
                    X