Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Mag: Vlad Loses To Holmes, Tyson, Liston. Really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
    Wlad easily destroyes all of the greats of the past, live with that haters. The sooner you accept the fact that you are witnessing the greatest HW of all time, the sooner the nightmares will stop.
    Excellent post -- green k sent!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      that's funny, i seem to remember lennox lewis ripping vitalis face to shreds..

if thats not a TKO victory i don't know what is.
      part of vitali's job is to protect that eastern european face of his from getting easter euro fuucked up by clean and legal punches

oh, and for your racist record, i've heard lots of talk that the Klithscko family actually finds its origins in ASIA

thats right
      your heros are from northern and western Asia.

that's gotta suck to know, being such a devout racist and all.

all of this is coming from a second gen italian american who thinks a great fighter can be blue and still get his support

i just don't get racists
      i do not get them.
      You have a terriffic memory. I only remember that Klitsschko got his eyebrow gashed, a harmless bruise and 2 very thin "paper"cuts under his lert eye. The fight was stopped because the doctor thought his eyelid nerves wee severed, preventiing him from sein AT LL from that eye, whereas in fact, hecould see perfectwely well and his eyelid was working perfectly. I've seen many other fighters with far worse injuries-REAL fight stopping injuries. So you'r memory is fictititous.

We all forget that Liston, although very good for his time, and could beat almost anybody, was as slow as molasses, and wouldn't be able to keept up inthese days. I' sorry to say this because I liked Liston's fighting. Also "reach" is EXAGGERATED as it has to be divided in half, and the shouldrewr width also muct be taken into consideration. ALSO, how squarely the fighter stands.

As for Tyson, at his best, I'd back him to beat ANYBODY, no matter how big, nor how good.

The Klitschkos would both give Holmes a bit of a beating, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        is Chris John a HOF?
        Listen, I'm not saying i think he necessarily deserves to be in the ibhof. I'm saying he very well could get in.

Chris John, Obviously not. But to be fair i think even Vitalis flawed record has more defences against top10 fighters than chris john.
        Not to mention Chris John is probably a fringe top5 guy in his division based on abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          what is Vitali's signature moment other than the loss to Lewis? Maybe its just me but I don't know how he is a HOF'er.
          Vitali Klitschko:

--highest KO percentage in heavyweight boxing history

--never been knocked out or even knocked down as a pro

--came back after 3+ year absence to win back the WBC championship, a feat with few parallels in any other sport.

--First ballot lock for HOF

Comment

Sonny Liston: uneducated, dumb black man and gambling addict whose fights were mostly mob fixes. When he got into the mob for too much money and they figured out people didn't like him as champ, they ordered him to lose to the more popular with whites Cassius Clay. So much for Sonny Liston.

Read Nick Tosches' The Devil and Sonny Liston for the bitter truth about this guy.
            Last edited by Grinderman; 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
              Vitali Klitschko:

--highest KO percentage in heavyweight boxing history

--never been knocked out or even knocked down as a pro

--came back after 3+ year absence to win back the WBC championship, a feat with few parallels in any other sport.

--First ballot lock for HOF
              Well he did lose by TKO to Lewis. Highest KO %. Ok with comeback to win title, although being fair, wasn't he granted like some "champion emeritus" bs or something? I don't think he came back and moved up by beating ranked fighters like Ali but I could be wrong.

But who is on his resume that qualifies him for HOF status? I mean what big win does he have?

Comment

most of the klits fans in this thread are just 1 guy with 10 different accounts aren't they ?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  Didn't lewis say something about David Haye being this generations Evander Holyfield? Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.
                  I didn't see that.

Maybe it was a cruiserweight to heavyweight comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    most of the klits fans in this thread are just 1 guy with 10 different accounts aren't they ?
                    They all follow about the same ******ed logic, so i would guess so.
                    They sure make the rest of us Klitschko fans look like idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
                      Sonny Liston: uneducated, dumb black man and gambling addict whose fights were mostly mob fixes. When he got into the mob for too much money and they figured out people didn't like him as champ, they ordered him to lose to the more popular with whites Cassius Clay. So much for Sonny Liston.
                      .............him being black is a negative?

since you listed his race in your lil rant trying to discredit him

Comment

Working...
                      X