No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi vs Chaves Mandatory Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi vs Chaves Mandatory Ordered By The WBA

The World Boxing Association has ordered WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7KOs) to face his mandatory challenger Diego Chaves (22-0, 18KOs). The negotiations period starts today, January 24th, and will close on the 23rd of February 2013. If the two sides are unable to reach an agreement, then the WBA will order a purse bid date. Malignaggi is scheduled to return on April 27th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Malignaggi was going to face Shane Mosley, but their match fell through due to a financial disagreement. Chaves has the WBA's interim-crown at 147 and first captured that title last July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How did he become mandatory? Don't think he's ever fought outside of Argentina.

Comment

Well damn............

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Hes interim champ as far as I know,just cause he hasnt travelled dont mean ****.....

Comment

Says in the article that he got the Interim last July...around the same time Paulie won the belt. I think he was supposed to fight him after Cano but they were just *****footing around it

Comment

Scared

GB knows Maidana will destroy Magic Man...so resort to another WBA's allegded manditory: defense tho diego chavez wtf....

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Says in the article that he got the Interim last July...around the same time Paulie won the belt. I think he was supposed to fight him after Cano but they were just *****footing around it
              So who did he beat? Not that i care about paulies belt just curious.

Comment

Dude is pretty meat-and-potatoes from what I just saw of him. His handspeed ain't bad and he looks to counter a bit, but he's not very accurate.

Paulie is shot but could probably handle him, if he doesn't get stupid and get dropped again; dude can punch. It will be a grueling fight for Paulie at this point, sad as it is.

Comment

Logical. He won the interim champion, El Massoudi. Later, the winner of this fight should fight Maidana, who won a eliminatory (Soto Karass).

Comment

So who did he beat? Not that i care about paulies belt just curious.
                    He beat the interim champ (some people above me said his name)
                    Not sure how the WBA system works... but I think the interim is the number 1 challenger

Comment

Working...
                    X