No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Asks Weeks Why Didn't He Stop Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo Asks Weeks Why Didn't He Stop Chavez-Martinez

Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo suffered a tough defeat against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez last month as he lost back to back fights for the first time in his career. While Angulo may have been losing the fight, he never stopped fighting and continued coming forward. To Angulo and the crowd’s dismay, referee Tony Weeks decided to stop the fight in the 10th round as he felt Angulo had taken enough.

Angulo was visibly upset and did not agree with Weeks decision to stop the contest. His trainer Virgil Hunter echoed Angulo’s displeasure citing the stoppage wasn’t justified given Angulo was not hit with multiple unanswered punches and was only hit with one shot when Weeks stepped in.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know why is he still crying. I thought at that moment that the stoppage was early, but after a few days I transvalued that and now I think that was a good stoppage. But the stoppage isn't change anything on the fact, that Angulo was totally outclassed by Canelo and he took a lots of punishment. So, he can make excuses ifhe wants to, but he hasn't lost because the stoppage, he lost because Canelo whooped his ass.

Comment

Sergio dominated, but I don't think he ever hurt Chavez the way Alvarez was hurting Angulo. I didn't like the stoppage, but Martinez/Chavez isn't a good comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
        I don't know why is he still crying. I thought at that moment that the stoppage was early, but after a few days I transvalued that and now I think that was a good stoppage. But the stoppage isn't change anything on the fact, that Angulo was totally outclassed by Canelo and he took a lots of punishment. So, he can make excuses ifhe wants to, but he hasn't lost because the stoppage, he lost because Canelo whooped his ass.
        Pretty much this and I like Angulo. He came in there and acted like his gloves weighed a ton each. He cried when he lost to Lara too. smh

Comment

he should question his own effort as he did/nor tried virtually anything...he came in 2 survive...time to hang it up dog...

Comment

Stop it Angulo.
            You were being beaten the f*** up.
            You're question should be why Weeks didn't stop it earlier.

Comment

Angulo looked slow

Comment

Great Question

Thats a great question. ANGULO WON THE 8TH ROUND (go back and watch the fight)he badly lost round 9, but his plan all along was to come on stong at the end, everyone new that, Canelo looked very stong, so I think the trend would have stayed the same, but thats not the point, Angulo took the punishment to setup the end and he never got a chance and thats not fair. I wouldn't want to see a second fight, I want to see canalo fight someone fast so even thought he out weights them by 40 pounds, he might get schooled.. Hate to say it, but Canelo is the future of boxing, he does train hard, is willing to change, is very young and loves what he does.

Comment

Tony Weeks refereed a fight in 2005 between Leavander Johnson and Jesus Chavez. Johnson defended his IBF LW belt for the first time. He took a beating all night. He also took a lot of punishment before Weeks stopped it 38 seconds into the 11th round. Johnson died six days later from brain damage. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2169415.

Angulo was getting beat up all night by Alvarez. Hoping that he would come on late in the fight as Alvarez tired was a dangerous strategy, given that Angulo took a beating to get to that point. Some say that Weeks stopped the fight prematurely. I say Angulo should thank Weeks. I also say "El Perro" needs to come up with a better fight plan next time.

Comment

This bum still crying the same way he got a finger in his eye against Lara lol give me a break

Comment

Working...
                    X