No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UFC's Cain Velasquez Motivated By Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
    Valasquez will get knocked out again. Overeem - dos Santos will be great.
    Cain is cool, but yeah I agree. Result will be the same. Probably not in the first round again, but the KO will come again. And yes. After Overeem takes care of Bigfoot, JDS-Reem needs to happen.

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    Why is an article about UFC on here? I hate UFC.
    Probably because Marquez's name is attached to it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      No, it's because they weren't boxing. Couture wrestled with Toney and submitted him. I'm confident I'd submit Toney after taking him down too. He'd outbox the hell out of either of us though.

Dos Santos is a **** boxer, but he does just fine at MMA though because of his TDD and MMA-appropriate striking.
      Clear. But if a top prime boxer with great footwork would be able to stay at range and keep the fight standing

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        Clear. But if a top prime boxer with great footwork would be able to stay at range and keep the fight standing
        I see what you're saying, though having trained in both disciplines, I can't see it happening often. It's just to easy to eat a couple of punches and grasp your opponent. The boxer would have to have superb TDD. With that said, I don't think there's a single UFC fighter who can complete with the top 10 pros in any boxing weight class, in terms of boxing.

Comment

Cain will last longer than the first time, but he's going to get knocked out at some point again. Junior is just too good of a striker for Cain.

Comment

Cain better comes with a good strategy to put his hands on DoSantos, once he does that, he always wins.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
              Boxing stance is the weakness . Any takedown fights over, no matter how skilled a boxer they are.
              Boxing matches id love to see
              Dos santos vs Haye
              Dos santos vs klitchko brothers.
              Overeem vs vitali klitchko in a k1 match *drool*
              I watched Dos Santos on Youtube. Wladimir and Haye would both murder him. Dos Santos is slower than both in handspeed, much slower than both in footwork, and is not a techinically sound puncher. Against Wladimir he would also be giving up a couple of inches in height. Being hit by a proper puncher would put the fear of god into him.

Overeem vs Vitali is kickboxing, so who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                cain velasquez better have memo heredia with him...or else it's useless unless he's fighting a bum...
                Could you go out of your way to sound even more ignorant ?

Comment

if cain cant get this to the ground then its lights out!!!!!!!! ive never seen junior down for more than 3 seconds... good luck to both men!

Comment

Since it is far easier to hug somebody than delivering the perfect punch, I still favour Velázquez by a wide margin.
                    Last edited by Phantomas; 12-28-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Not a problem. Associate yourself with a fellow Mexican named Memo. He will work wonders for you. Ask Maroid.

Comment

Working...
                      X