No announcement yet.

Does DREAM still exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DREAM still exist?

Is DREAM still going in some form? Or is it officially dead now?

I know dream went out of business before but Wikipedia says it had a revival event in December of last year that's it

Comment

why????

Why has MMA in Japan dropped off the radar, and yet pro wrestling can still draw fans; although it's not at the level it once was. But MMA has virtually disappeared. It used to be family viewing.

Comment

I think the mafia plus the natural disasters really hurt MMA in japan. Its a damn shame.

MMA as a whole lost its luster because of wrestlers who chip people out of their money by dry humping. Its still Iin decent shape I still watch it whenever I can

Comment

I think it's done for the most part, you may see an end of the year card but even pulling that off is doubtful since most of the marketable/good MMA fighters are signed into contracts in organisations. Though I'm sure they'd be able to put on a decent-ish card provided they include some kickboxers on there.

It's sad how dead Japanese MMA is now, even Korean MMA is in better shape. Back in the day there would be like 80,000 seater stadiums sold out in the good old PRIDE days. Boxing has picked up Japan and pro-wrestling is still big over there.

Comment

As a former PRIDEFC fanatic I feel sorry about the state of MMA in Japan,I think DREAM had some nice cards,too bad it didn't pick up.

ONE FC has had some nice cards,hopefully they can refresh the MMA scene in Japan as well

Comment

Working...
            X