No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Homecoming Begins With Training Camp Road Trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto Homecoming Begins With Training Camp Road Trip

Nobody can accuse Miguel Cotto of being an old dog refusing to learn new tricks.

The Puerto Rican superstar will have endured a 10-month layoff by the time he steps into the ring to face Delvin Rodriguez in their 12-round super welterweight clash on October 5 at the Amway Center in Orlando, FL. There is plenty of familiarity to go around for Cotto – the bout marks his return to HBO and to Top Rank, with the city of Orlando serving as his home away from his Caguas (P.R.) home.

Orlando has also served as training headquarters for each of Cotto’s last three bouts, dating back to his revenge fueled 10th round stoppage win over Antonio Margarito in Dec. ’11. The bulk of his training camp took place at Don Miguel Gym, a facility Cotto opened in honor of his late father Miguel Sr., who passed away in 2010
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let the hard work begin

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Let the hard work begin
      This is off topic but have you wondered if, at some point, there will be a Pacquiao rematch in that gym? That was one of the first things I thought when it was announced that Roach would train Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
        This is off topic but have you wondered if, at some point, there will be a Pacquiao rematch in that gym? That was one of the first things I thought when it was announced that Roach would train Cotto.
        Possible, I have thought of that too. Even if he doesn't use Manny as a sparring partener, he's going to get some great sparring, something I'm not sure he always had before. He also might spar Provodnikov too, while he's prepping for Alvarado.

Would love to watch that sparring session.

Comment

Didnt Pacman say he was training in the Philippines b/c of the macau fight location? Im confused.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Possible, I have thought of that too. Even if he doesn't use Manny as a sparring partener, he's going to get some great sparring, something I'm not sure he always had before. He also might spar Provodnikov too, while he's prepping for Alvarado.

Would love to watch that sparring session.
            Now that Cotto vs. Pacquiao II will not happen anytime soon, I wondered if, because of ego and pride, Cotto would request sparring with Pacquiao. It would be some of the most hyped and publicized sparring ever.

Comment

Apparently Roach still hasn't learned the lesson, of taking on too many star fighters is bad news... If Cotto fights in October and Pacquiao's fight is in November... WHEN THE F*K IS HE GOING TO HAVE TIME TO TRAIN EITHER FIGHTER PROPERLY?

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
                Apparently Roach still hasn't learned the lesson, of taking on too many star fighters is bad news... If Cotto fights in October and Pacquiao's fight is in November... WHEN THE F*K IS HE GOING TO HAVE TIME TO TRAIN EITHER FIGHTER PROPERLY?
                It's precisely why the early Oct date was picked for Cotto. Gives Roach a chance to spend full camp with both fighters. Fights are seven weeks apart, plenty of room for quality training time with both.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
                  I see a Paquiao beat down!!

A Cotto who isn't weight drain, has a better coach(when he fought Pac) and best of all he has beaten his demons (Margiecheato). IS a very dangerous opponent for Pac even in sparring.

Comment

Warrrrrrrrrrr COTTO!is good to see a great champion is back warr baby

Comment

Working...
                    X