Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol @ "Angulo Punched Himself Out". He's A Pressure Fighter!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Angulo is a pressure fighter. This means he throws lots of punches in his fights.

How the heck can a so called pressure fighter punch himself out??

Kirkland's uppercuts and left hooks are what slowed Angulo down and backed him up, not Angulo's stamina. Angulo was going in for the kill, not realizing that he only landed a flash knockdown. Kirkland landed huge shots while his back was against the ropes in the 1st round. That's what hurt and backed Angulo up, not Angulo punching himself out.

Not to even mention the fact that Kirkland was whooping Angulo's ass before the flash knockdown.

LMAO @ Angulo punched himself out.
    I hate to use this overplayed phrase but.......you don't know **** about boxing.

I was clear as day that Angulo punched himself out and was done after the first round.

Comment

How did he not punch himself out? The whole time he was throwing all those punches i thought to myself this guy is ******ed and this fight is over.

I dont want to take anything away from kirkland but youd have to think angulo would have faired much better throughout the fight if he didnt blow is load in the first round.

Comment

Starting at 12:15 (3rd round).

Angulo is throwing punches in bunches similar to the 1st round.

Wow, this is some punched out fighter doing this.

The answer to the question is no. Angulo wasn't punched out. Just like in the 3rd round, Angulo was throwing punches in bunches. Problem is, he got rocked with an uppercut he didn't see and Kirkland did what he had to do to finisht the 1st round strong.

Those are facts.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
          I hate to use this overplayed phrase but.......you don't know **** about boxing.

I was clear as day that Angulo punched himself out and was done after the first round.
          I don't know **** about boxing, but I picked this fight to play out like this a few months ago.

How about you?

Let's see some older posts on how you picked this fight to play out and then let's see who knows what about boxing.....

Comment

Angulo never recovered from getting hurt in the first round. He wasn't punched out, he was hurt.

Comment

Angulo did punch himself out in the 1st but Kirkland took full advantage and never really let Angulo recover. Angulo can throw a lot of punches, as seen in the Cintron fight. That volume of punches (1st round) would have been a normal round for him in the Cintron fight. I guess Angulo didn't think this fight was going to go long so he might not have prepared for the distance.

But that isn't Kirkland's fault. Kirkland did what he had to do and should get full credit. He came back from the knockdown and went to work on Angulo later in the round. It became a vicious beating from there on.

Now having said that, I'm not going to say Kirkland will annihilate the 154 division or anything because I still see major problems there. He is an entertaining fighter but I am not sure he can beat the best. Still too open and doesn't have the chin to afford being that open against the top fighters. Well lets see what Ann Wolfe can do with him..........

Comment

Angulo is a pressure fighter. This means he throws lots of punches in his fights.

How the heck can a so called pressure fighter punch himself out??

Kirkland's uppercuts and left hooks are what slowed Angulo down and backed him up, not Angulo's stamina. Angulo was going in for the kill, not realizing that he only landed a flash knockdown. Kirkland landed huge shots while his back was against the ropes in the 1st round. That's what hurt and backed Angulo up, not Angulo punching himself out.

Not to even mention the fact that Kirkland was whooping Angulo's ass before the flash knockdown.

LMAO @ Angulo punched himself out.
                Flash knockdown??? Come on give me a break.

Comment

There has to be a rematch. Angulo definitely punched himself out, u could see it AFTER the flurry in the 1st rd. rematch angulo kos kirkland, plus angulo didnt even have his strength and conditioning coach for this fight.

Comment

Starting at 12:15 (3rd round).

Angulo is throwing punches in bunches similar to the 1st round.

Wow, this is some punched out fighter doing this.

The answer to the question is no. Angulo wasn't punched out. Just like in the 3rd round, Angulo was throwing punches in bunches. Problem is, he got rocked with an uppercut he didn't see and Kirkland did what he had to do to finisht the 1st round strong.

Those are facts.
                    If your argument was about the second round, you'd have a point. But instead what I see is the THIRD round.. which means he had a total of 5 minutes in between that (you'll know why it's 5 minutes if you know boxing) and the first to muster some type of offense, and even then, it was still arm punches.

Try again.

Comment

Angulo's inactivity clearly hurt him in this fight. That's what one round in 2 years does for ya. I bet you Vanes is kicking himself right now for not taking this fight.

Not to take anything away from Kirkland though, that was a career defining performance for him, showed a lot of heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X