No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez More Than Hype: Trout Victory Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez More Than Hype: Trout Victory Review

Fighters groomed to be stars face a double-edged sword. They enjoy the luxury of notoriety, particular management, and early riches.

They are also the men all others want to face to have a shot at the kind of money people get into the hurt business for. They can be the object of jealousy from fans and fighters alike who think they get to the head of the line before they earn it.

22-year old Saul Alvarez went a long way to silencing the latter group on Saturday night. While the fight was a scoring nightmare, and the official cards will do nothing to assuage the idea his is a gilded career, two things were certain.

Alvarez landed the best shots of the fight. Alvarez arrived as a major league star. And Alvarez proved he was up to the task of meeting a prime, legitimate, top-level fighter in the Jr. Middleweight division. [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo the truth haters get used to it. Flomos get ready to jump on board we know you aint got tickets but this dude gonna go undefeated for long time, Hop your broke asses on.

Comment

Canelo will only get better at his age.Proved he has a chin,Proved
      he has skills,And showed he wants to learn.

Comment

I remember Canelo trying to be slick against Gomez and failing miserably at it too. I always believed he was good but he truly impressed me with his defense this time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Historian View Post
          I remember Canelo trying to be slick against Gomez and failing miserably at it too. I always believed he was good but he truly impressed me with his defense this time.
          That's because he "tried" to use a style he never used before in his life, the shoulder roll.

Comment

Just rewatched the fight last night. Canelo won. No doubt about it. He's clearly the superior boxer.

Comment

Slowly but surely, Canelos haters are silencing themselves. Canelo is the real deal and I believed that from when I first watched his fight a couple years ago. The kid keeps getting better every fight. He clearly beat Trout and had Trout hurt many times. Showed great boxing skill offensively and defensively and does have a chin. Would like to see Canelo work on his stamina, but that will come. Many of his critics were too harsh on him. The kid is only 22. He's no chavez jr who at 26 waited years to fight the best in Serg. Canelo demanded this fight. Didn't have to but went against his promoters word and took the fight. That shows balls my friends. Bring on Floyd. I could see Canelo seriously hurting Floyd.
              Last edited by TheGoldenChamp; 04-27-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
                That's because he "tried" to use a style he never used before in his life, the shoulder roll.
                he's getting better at it, though

look at this, James Toney would be proud

Comment

I was impressed with Canelo, but more disappointed with Trout. Trout looked slow in this fight to me. I truly thought he would have went out on his shield for a fight like this. He may never get another chance. You can't win a fight on just the jab alone an 1, 2 shots. Maybe it was Canelo's defense that threw him off. But as a whole, I expected more from 2 hungry young lions in their prime. I wanted to see Hearns vs Leonard all over again. Good fight, but I wanted to see greatness.

Comment

You won't rob Martinez lol

Canelo is better than we all expected but Trout won that fight and clearly got robbed by the judges. The crowd won him the fight. I had Trout winning 8 round with 1 even and -2 on the knockdown. It don't matter cause no one beats Martinez at 154 or 160 Anyway lol

Comment

Working...
                    X