No announcement yet.

The Art of Hating Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    Someone should do an article on how gay mayweathers fan base is. I've never seen a sadder group of pathetic losers in my life
    You do an injustice to gay people.

Comment

Poor Poor Poor Floyd! :ANYWORD:

Comment

By now everyone knows Bob manipulated the media against Floyd. All to avoid having his fighter dismantled by his former fighter.

Bob (Pre- Floyd Breakup): "This kid is the best I have ever seen since Ali, Leonard and sliced bread put together."

Bob (Post- Floyd Breakup): "Floyd doesn't fight big guys. He won't fight someone who can beat him! He won't fight a Shane Mosley ..."

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          By now everyone knows Bob manipulated the media against Floyd. All to avoid having his fighter dismantled by his former fighter.

Bob (Pre- Floyd Breakup): "This kid is the best I have ever seen since Ali, Leonard and sliced bread put together."

Bob (Post- Floyd Breakup): "Floyd doesn't fight big guys. He won't fight someone who can beat him! He won't fight a Shane Mosley ..."
          Are you saying......are you saying Bob Arum doesn't always tell the truth?

Comment

The art of hating Mayweather? They make it sound like a thesis discussion or something on the discovery channel

As for hating mayweather, there's always people on top of the game liked/disliked

Comment

I don't think "hating" Mayweather is an art, he's a pretty easy guy to hate on. Even if you forget about his off-ring behavior, possible failed PED tests and his constant hypocrisy you've still got his outright ducking, inactivity, and boring fights.

I don't know much about his stint from 130 & 135 so I can't knit pick 'em much. Regardless, aside from a few names those divisions looked pretty weak.

130: Picked up the WBC title.
              Fought Genaro Hernandez & Diego Corrales
              Genaro's best wins: SD robbery vs Azumah Nelson? (& getting KO'd by ODH in 6)
              Corrales' best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Roberto Garcia & Angel Manfredy? (He's greatest achievements are going 1-2 with Casamayor and 1-1 with Jose Luis Castillo, even though he got KO'd by both; also lost to Clottey).

135: Picked up the WBC title.
              Fought Jose Luis Castillo
              Castillo's best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Stevie Johnston? (He also had 4 KO losses and a draw prior to fighting Floyd; would go on to KO Corrales and rob Casamayor in a split decision as well as losing all he's meaningful fights thereafter--including a loss to Sebastian Lujan and a RD4 KO to Hatton).

140: Picked up the WBC title.
              Fought DeMarcus Corley & Artuto Gatti
              Corley's best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Randall Bailey (who had just been KO'd by Diosbelys Hurtado) Note: Corley was coming from a loss to Judah where he lost his WBO title. He had won the title from a bum (TKO1 Felix Flores) after the title had been vacated.
              Gatti's best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Tracy Harris Patterson?, Jesse Leija, Micky Ward? (Had already lost 6 times, mostly to mediocre opposition and had won a vacant title against an unknown 'Gianluca Branco')

147: Picked up the WBC title (on a few occasions) & the IBF title.
              Fought (you guys know the story inall these fights):
              Zab Judah (coming from a Baldomir loss), Carlos Baldomir (lol), Hatton (Finest glass in all of Manchester!), Marquez (coming from 135), Mosley (old & over 15 months inactive), Victor Ortiz (a young hungry lion stopped by Maidana and later by a Josesito moving up)

Ducked: Prime 147 Pacquiao (2008-11), Prime Paul Williams (2007-10), Prime Antonio Margarito (2005-08), Prime Cotto (2004-08)

154: Picked up the WBC (in 2007) & the WBA (in 2012)
              Fought Oscar De La Hoya (shot, slow, jabless, poor footwork--nothing like the original ODH) & Miguel Cotto (shot, slow, small 154 pounder, lost to the only good opposition he fought at 154 and had been through too many wars: Mosley, Margarito I/II, Clottey, Pacquiao)
              Note: Mayweather probably had two of his three toughest fights in this division.
              Ducked: Winky Wright; elected to vacate his 154 WBC and fight Hatton rather Forrest (not necessarily a duck but I feel Forrest v Mayweather would have been more interesting).
              Note: Mayweather has been a decent titleholder at this weight but should never be considered a Champion at 154.

Final Note: I personally rate Mayweather as being either the best or second best fighter of the last decade (so does mostly everyone else), however, I feel many of his fights are vastly overrated as though he'd fought the 4 Kings or something of that nature.

Comment

I dislike the fact that he is the WBC welterweight champ and the WBA Jr. middleweight champion but he won't say when or if he intends to defend either tittle. Both the WBA and the WBC should order him to defend the tittle or step down but they give him special treatment because he is the big star.He claims to love the sport of boxing and want to help boxing. If that's true he should pick the weight class he will fight in and give up the tittle in the other weight class. Then he should say when he will defend his tittle. If he is not going to defend either tittle then give them both up. There are contenders out there trying hard to be champions but they can't because Floyd is sitting on both tittles. He has not defended his WBC welterweight tittle in 19 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Teri View Post
                  anybody that gets on here and fronts like they are not a fan should punch themselves you get on here and defend pac man but you do it in a way that you try to seem like you are not a fan boy but you manage to call every floyd fan a bum sniff lol gtfoh
                  Dont make me laugh, I dont feel the need to defend any of these ****ers. I am a fan of the sport, and I like fighters that actually fight more than once a year and seek out the best of their peers. You are a bumsniff, a shameless floyd apologist, and if you are happy to admit that you are that kind of fan then I will continue to piss myself laughing at your expense.

Comment

its all floyd's fault that he gets all that hate. yeah but he's no loser or anything. and if anyone says he doesnt care, i dont think so, ofcourse he does. Otherwise he doesnt get wild up in interviews and cry.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      I don't think "hating" Mayweather is an art, he's a pretty easy guy to hate on. Even if you forget about his off-ring behavior, possible failed PED tests and his constant hypocrisy you've still got his outright ducking, inactivity, and boring fights.
                      This here ^^^ starts off showing that you don't have **** to say, but you kept on writing anyway.

I don't know much about his stint from 130 & 135 so I can't knit pick 'em much. Regardless, aside from a few names those divisions looked pretty weak.
                      Again, you're clearly full of ****.

Floyd made it a point to consistently fight the #1, 2 and 3 in EVERY division. The best are the best regardless of how you feel things might have seemed "better" if Floyd would have done things your way.

130: Picked up the WBC title.
                      Fought Genaro Hernandez & Diego Corrales
                      Genaro's best wins: SD robbery vs Azumah Nelson? (& getting KO'd by ODH in 6)
                      What you fail to mention is that Floyd fought Hernandez in only his 18th fight. Floyd was taking on a HOF in his eighteenth fight .. while guys like Pacquiao didn't step up to the world stage until their 40th fight. Meanwhile Hernandez had only lost once before in his career and that was to Oscar DelaHoya.

Corrales' best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Roberto Garcia & Angel Manfredy? (He's greatest achievements are going 1-2 with Casamayor and 1-1 with Jose Luis Castillo, even though he got KO'd by both; also lost to Clottey).
                      Easily a better win than either Barrera or Morales. Corrales was the man to beat at SFW. He was young, undefeated and a KO machine when Floyd fought him.

135: Picked up the WBC title.
                      Fought Jose Luis Castillo
                      Castillo's best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Stevie Johnston? (He also had 4 KO losses and a draw prior to fighting Floyd; would go on to KO Corrales and rob Casamayor in a split decision as well as losing all he's meaningful fights thereafter--including a loss to Sebastian Lujan and a RD4 KO to Hatton).
                      Castillo was the best LW in the world when Floyd fought him. This is common knowledge. You can't get better than beating the best in a division .. although peasants seem to fool themselves into believing differently.

140: Picked up the WBC title.
                      Fought DeMarcus Corley & Artuto Gatti
                      Corley's best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Randall Bailey (who had just been KO'd by Diosbelys Hurtado) Note: Corley was coming from a loss to Judah where he lost his WBO title. He had won the title from a bum (TKO1 Felix Flores) after the title had been vacated.
                      Gatti's best wins (prior to Floyd fight): Tracy Harris Patterson?, Jesse Leija, Micky Ward? (Had already lost 6 times, mostly to mediocre opposition and had won a vacant title against an unknown 'Gianluca Branco')
                      140 was Floyd's least accomplished division only because Kostya Tszyu refused to fight him by pricing himself out of a fight. Tszyu demanded a 60-40 split with 60% going to himself. He wouldn't budge. So Floyd moved on. Tszyu riding high off his win over Judah, fought Hatton next and the rest is history.

147: Picked up the WBC title (on a few occasions) & the IBF title.
                      Fought (you guys know the story inall these fights):
                      Zab Judah (coming from a Baldomir loss), Carlos Baldomir (lol), Hatton (Finest glass in all of Manchester!), Marquez (coming from 135), Mosley (old & over 15 months inactive), Victor Ortiz (a young hungry lion stopped by Maidana and later by a Josesito moving up)
                      Floyd did more at 147 than even DLH did. It was in this division that Floyd showed the world that he could beat the best while allowing them to fight at their most comfortable weight. Brilliant performances.

What's most interesting about your ^^^ critique is that if you were to judge Pacquiao by the same criteria, then his whole WW and jrMW campaigns amount to nothing as Pacquiao wouldn't fight any WW not coming off of a loss or a loss followed up by a tune up. Every great fighter that Pacquiao faced at WW was beaten by someone else before Manny was willing to chance it.

Ducked: Prime 147 Pacquiao (2008-11), Prime Paul Williams (2007-10), Prime Antonio Margarito (2005-08), Prime Cotto (2004-08)
                      ^^^ Weak and laughable at best.

How do you duck a prime Williams who lost to gatekeeper Quintana right after beating Margarito?

How do you duck Margarito or Cotto who couldn't even hold on to the biggest wins of their careers for even 8 months? Both men lost in brutal fashion in their next fights!!

Stop the lying. It only hurts your opinions.

Prime Pacquiao? Hahahaha ... Pacquiao is still prime, but as long as he isn't draining WWs or jrMWs he'll always looked passed his supposed best. Puhleez.

154: Picked up the
                      WBC (in 2007) & the WBA (in 2012)
                      Fought Oscar De La Hoya (shot, slow, jabless, poor footwork--nothing like the original ODH) & Miguel Cotto (shot, slow, small 154 pounder, lost to the only good opposition he fought at 154 and had been through too many wars: Mosley, Margarito I/II, Clottey, Pacquiao)
                      So basically what you're saying is that Floyd fought and beat better competition at 154 than both DLH and Pacquiao in their careers? Yeah I think so too.

Note: Mayweather probably had two of his three toughest fights in this division.
                      Ducked: Winky Wright; elected to vacate his 154 WBC and fight Hatton rather Forrest (not necessarily a duck but I feel Forrest v Mayweather would have been more interesting).
                      How could Floyd duck Winky Wright when Winky's last fight at 154 was in 2004??? Floyd was competing at jrWW at that point. So uhhh .. that kinda makes no sense whatsoever. The year that Floyd fought Hatton, Winky was up at LHW fight BHOP. Soooooooooooooo ........ oh well .. forget it. Because you've made it clear that its about how you feel.

Note: Mayweather has been a decent titleholder at this weight but should never be considered a Champion at 154.
                      Right because defeating the #1 ranked champion at 154 shouldn't make him a champion at all. Hahaha@ the logic or lack thereof.

Final Note: I personally rate Mayweather as being either the best or second best fighter of the last decade (so does mostly everyone else), however, I feel many of his fights are vastly overrated as though he'd fought the 4 Kings or something of that nature.
                      Every great boxer without a true foil has been cast in the same light. Some just don't have a talent capable of testing them during their time. They are great nonetheless if they consistently face and beat the #1, 2 & 3 in the divisions they compete in.

Ali was said to be highly overrated during his active years. Only die hard Ali fans were calling him the greatest back then. We see how **** ended up though.

Ali was just as much a d!ck as Floyd. And the people both loved and hated him for it. The numbers don't lie. Just like they don't lie for Floyd either.

Consistency against the best and challenging and pushing one's self will always lead to greatness.

Hate the era. Don't hate the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X