No announcement yet.

Bob Arum gives up a gamboa update and talks golden boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum gives up a gamboa update and talks golden boy

Lots of info in this interview, Arum says Todd duboef spoke to Gamboa a few weeks ago, though nothing was really sorted out. He also says on camera top rank and golden boy will make fights together thru todd duboef.

I wonder though how long Bob is going to promote, he is up there in age right? like 83 or 84? I think once he retires fully, alot of the bs going on now will go away

Does Arum have sons[not step sons or son in law]? His sons could take his place and be just like him, you never know. And also you don't know how Duboef will change if he takes full control. Maybe he'll be just another Bob Arum.

Comment

I'm seeing Pac vs Ortiz as a result of this GBP/TR collaboration.

Comment

would love to see pac ortiz

pac would demand a CW of course though, it's noted by roach that ortiz completely wrecked pacquiao in sparring.

Comment

Wouldn't mind Pacquiao vs Ortiz. It's a solid/good fight.

I'd rather see Khan vs Ortiz for the right to fight Floyd though.

I still feel we'll see Pacquiao vs Marquez IV.

Comment

look at bobs face after the interview is over, what a rich miserable bastardd

Comment

that would DRAIN THE FUK OUT OF ORTIZ!

no way he can make 145-147 now

seems like Todd is getting ready to take over Top Rank based on how Arum was answering questions about working with Golden Boy, he himself clearly has no interest in working with thim
              Last edited by sicko; 06-06-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I'm also seeing Pac vs Khan down the line. The list might become endless for Pac if the TR/GBP cooperation happens.
                Last edited by al-Xander; 06-06-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

After Bradley's done with Pacman he's gonna fight Marquez or retire.

It's too damn bad he didn't want to fight a healthy Cotto. I'd have loved to have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Does Arum have sons[not step sons or son in law]? His sons could take his place and be just like him, you never know. And also you don't know how Duboef will change if he takes full control. Maybe he'll be just another Bob Arum.
                    These younger guys WANT to give the fans great fights..Arum is the only one trying to make bum fights...I understand golden boy giving canelo bum fights cuz he cant fight and beat a real fighter, and he makes allot of money...but most of golen boy's other fighters, fight the best, cuz golden boy has most of the top opponents so they just let them kill eachother...Im telling u, Todd is one of those young guys thats gonna be inspired just like Oscar..."I want to give u guys great fights...thats what boxing is about...I want to have the best fight the best"...I see todd being really inspired when it comes to taking over the company and he is gonna be about saving the sport...Oscar is a FAN of the sport, thats why he lets most of his top guys go to war with eachother...Todd will be the same way...Arum is NOT A Fan...he just a business man who wants to build fighters up and make easy cash and protect pacman...I understand Oscar not letting canelo fight lara tho, cuz then Canelo will be mismatched, humiliated, and done with!

Comment

Working...
                    X