No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Batters Matthew Hatton, Cruises To Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Batters Matthew Hatton, Cruises To Decision

By Jake Donovan - Kell Brook enjoyed a spectacular homecoming in his first fight of 2012, pitching a near-shutout over former title challenger Matthew Hatton in their 12-round main event Saturday evening at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, England.

Scores were 119-107, 119-108 and 118-109 in favor of Brook, who scored a ninth round knockdown and never stopped pursuing a knockout. [Click Here To Read More]

Kell Brook has good skills but after watching this fight I don't think he could hang w/ any of the top WW's in the division. Ortiz, Alexander, Pac, Mayweather, and Berto dispose of the guy easy. On a sidenote...watched the stream through Sky Sports and they were riding Brooks sack the whole fight. I had to turn off the volume. Props to Hatton for putting up a fight. Too much holding but still great effort.

Comment

Let the hate begin ha ha....

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
        Kell Brook has good skills but after watching this fight I don't think he could hang w/ any of the top WW's in the division. Ortiz, Alexander, Pac, Mayweather, and Berto dispose of the guy easy. On a sidenote...watched the stream through Sky Sports and they were riding Brooks sack the whole fight. I had to turn off the volume. Props to Hatton for putting up a fight. Too much holding but still great effort.
        Yeah I never watch our british channels cos i cant stand the commentators....

Prefer the americans

Brook isnt great...like sananman said....he cldnt cope with the best in the division

Comment

Give over with Alexander lol

Comment

Matthew Hatton has always been nothing more than a club fighter. In order for Brook to become a superstar like they were saying on Sky TV. A virus has to wipe out Mayweather, Pac, Bradley, and Dulorme. He doesn't beat those guys but may have a chance with Mike Jones, Ortiz, or Berto, maybe.

Comment

At this point, I respectfully disagree.

I don't believe we've seen the best of Brook, not by a long shot.

Comment

Brook ready for the big leagues

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                  Yeah I never watch our british channels cos i cant stand the commentators....

Prefer the americans

Brook isnt great...like sananman said....he cldnt cope with the best in the division
                  Yeah they were giving the guy far too much credit, especially at the end when they stated "tonight Brook has shown he is an elite fighter." How? By struggling with a C class fighter? I think it was part of their job to try and sell Brooks to the public. Can't stand biased commentating. That's a big reason I dislike Merchant & Jim Lampley. They do it all the time!
                  Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_ate_myDog View Post
                    At this point, I respectfully disagree.

I don't believe we've seen the best of Brook, not by a long shot.
                    I'm sure your right but if any of those guys I mentioned fought Hatton, it would have been a massacre. I respect Brook's boxing skills but he needs more experience under his belt before he makes his way to the big leagues. They need to groom the kid a bit more before they start calling out the big names.

Comment

Working...
                    X