Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez: We Will Never Let Him Fight at 168!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Sergio Martinez: We Will Never Let Him Fight at 168!

ATLANTIC CITY — If you’re intrigued by the idea of Sergio Martinez moving up to battle Bernard Hopkins, Lucian Bute or the Andre Ward-Carl Froch winner, don’t get your hopes up. [Click Here To Read More]

i hear the Sergio haters coming now.....5-4-3-2-1

Comment

If he doesn't even weigh 168 on fight night, then he shouldn't fight guys that weigh in at 168. No one should have a problem here.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that, I understand why he wouldn't fight guys at 168. He'd face the same type of size disadvantage someone like, I don't know, Manny Pacquiao would facing him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        If he doesn't even weigh 168 on fight night, then he shouldn't fight guys that weigh in at 168. No one should have a problem here.
        he called out manny and floyd and he's a threat so he's the bad guy and will be hated for that...

Comment

No but at the same time he has no right to criticize Pacquiao, as he has, for not fighting him at 150lbs.

TBH I think that he used Barker to see how hard it was to get down in weight. I don't think he's tried to shed weight for the MW limit in some time. He probably had a go without making too much sacrifice to see how big the weight gap is i.e. how much hard work will be involved to get down to 150lbs for a possible May/Pac super fight.

It would explain why he started a bit sluggishly. He's normally not that easy to hit flush and Barker couldn't miss early in the fight.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/30-day-we...ams-162--32192

Comment

ummmm...there's a name for bigger guys that only challenge smaller guys....it's called a BULLY, Sergio! How ironic!! lol

Comment

but yet its ok for him to call out pac who walks around at 144?!?!?!

sergio got the situation reversed on him and team martinez acting scared.

talking about the pot calling the kettle black

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
                  ummmm...there's a name for bigger guys that only challenge smaller guys....it's called a BULLY, Sergio! How ironic!! lol
                  You mean like Bernard Hopkins, a natural light heavyweight who has made his career out of fighting smaller men like De La Hoya, Trinidad and Wright?

Pascal and Calzaghe were smaller men too.

Notice B-Hop never calls out cruiserweights or heavyweights.

Comment

I agree. Let's say he does move up to 168 and beat a champ how long do you think he can hold that title? I say he loses the very next match and it's not like theres any ppv stars at that weight to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X